5 days old mybook 1tb stooped working !#@! :-((((((

dear wd:

5 days ago i bought byself a new 1tb mybook external hd for my mackbook pro.

i have used it 3 times and in those times i have becked up all of my softwares , my personal photoshop projects and logic projects.

after backing them up i have deleted the files from my hd becouse i know they are stored at a “safe place”

little did i know , that my new hd will crush on the 3rd time iv pluged it in.

i get no power signels on the panel (small light) , i hear weak noise when i plug it to electricity and then it stopes.

why is that happning?!

arnt wd external drives supposed to be the safe house for needed madia or files ? a reliable beckup so i can be calm and knowing all my work is saved…

5 days?! that is recidluos… what am i supposed to do now?

nilrozi wrote:

why is that happning?!

arnt wd external drives supposed to be the safe house for needed madia or files ? a reliable beckup so i can be calm and knowing all my work is saved…

No they are not, because the moment you erase the files off your computer you automatically and immediately kill the backup, which is described in the Oxford Dictionary as copy of a file or other item of data made in case the original is lost or damaged, which means the original file must still be somewhere else at the same time as the “backup” in order to have a real backup.

Never ever leave and trust your important data to a single drive alone, no matter who makes it.