4TB My Cloud

Hi My Cloud:

This looks like a great product. I’m anxious to get one, but I would like to purchase the 4TB model and it does not appear to be available on any retailer’s web site – including Western Digital’s.

Is it available?  If not, why list it without making it clear that it will be available in the future?

Thanks for helping.

Kevin

It is expected to be available in November. I wish WDC would make available a demo of the new UI so we can see if its worthy of updating to the new unit.

whsbuss wrote:

It is expected to be available in November. I wish WDC would make available a demo of the new UI so we can see if its worthy of updating to the new unit.

if you’re interested in a specific feature or capability, let me know and I’ll take a look.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

whsbuss wrote:

if you’re interested in a specific feature or capability, let me know and I’ll take a look.

Well since I believe its a dual core CPU I was wondering if the RAM would be 512mb. Also will the new operating system for the NAS support user quota, rsync backup to on board USB.

No, it doesn’t have 512M memory that I can tell.

No quotas.

I don’t know if it does RSYNC to USB, but it does allow Safepoints to USB.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

No, it doesn’t have 512M memory that I can tell.

No quotas.

I don’t know if it does RSYNC to USB, but it does allow Safepoints to USB.

Well then no reason to upgrade (at least for me). I already do safepoints to my USB connected drive to my router. I was looking for more user control on the shares as well.

Will a RAID version be available, simliar to the MBL Duo?

Hi, its mid Nov now. Any idea when is the 4TB version of My Cloud coming out. I had order in October and still waiting…

thanks 

RAID version will be the My Cloud EX4 (4 bay version).  4tb version will be out by end of Nov :) 

smart_as wrote:

Hi, its mid Nov now. Any idea when is the 4TB version of My Cloud coming out. I had order in October and still waiting…

thanks 

Were did you order your 4TB My Cloud from?  As far as I know they are already out and Amazon shows them to be “In Stock”.

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Personal-Storage-WDBCTL0040HWT-NESN/dp/B00EVVGAD0