400kb/s transfer from PC to Hub?

Hey guys,

I have read the other posts on this topic, and there is no way I can pass cables from my router to my hub, I just can’t. I get about 400 kb/s transfer speed from my laptop to my hub… It’s slow as **bleep**.

I drag and drop on windows explorer, I tried fast copy (bumped up to about 0.45mb/s, woohoo!) …

Is there anything I can do to increase the speed? 400 kb/s is waaaaaaaaay too slow.

Thanks!

You could try TeraCopy (free) - it works for me.

http://codesector.com/teracopy

what’s the speed with teracopy ?

Well, I get a constant speed of 2.8MB/s using Wifi (g).

You might want to check for other 2.4ghz devices (cordless phones, wireless speakers, etc) or another wireless network close by. From your laptop to speedtest.net see what kind of speed you get. If it’s not close to what you’re paying your IP for this might also indicate RF problems or network problems. Run it from a wired connection then from wireless and keep using the same location to test into and test several times in a row to kinda get an average speed.

You can download a free program, inSSIDer, it will show you what other wireless networks are around you and what wireless channels they use. If there is one that has a real strong signal, other than yours of course, make sure your router is on a different channel and as far from that channel as you can get it.

You can also just take a cat5 cable and connect it to the Hub and your laptop (if the laptop has a RJ45 jack) and transfer your files a whole lot faster.