4:3 vs. 16:9

Hi

Is it possible to switch easy between 4:3 and 16:9?

Some of my DVD are 4:3 and I want to have it Full-Screen.

Some are 16:9.

When I set “normal” in the settings, then it is for 4:3, when I set “Wide” in the settings is 16:9

I want to switch very simple and not in the setup menu.

Thanks!

Sure, 4:3 and 16:9 are ‘Basic’ Aspect Ratio Settings (in the Setup Menu)  and there needs to be a Button on the WD Remote to Switch… but there needs to be More Options for Aspect Ratio.

Personally, i own a Panasonic TV which has a “Aspect Ratio” Button on the Remote.

Which supports, 16:9, 4:3, 14:9, Just, Zoom1, Zoom2

Thank goodness for that,

because aspect changing for the WDTV has been asked for many times, by many people…

it was even posted a YEAR ago in the Ideas section.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Ideas/Handling-Aspect-Ratio/idi-p/96128

No “Accepted”  “Acknowledged” or “Pending”  from WD… Nothing (obviously not a priority)

Unfortunately  using a TV with an “Aspect” Button is the only solution if you want more Aspect Settings.

Hi

OK, so what settings you made in the WD?

Normal or Wide?

Thanks

16:9 Wide, and then use my Panasonic TV Remote to Change the Aspect Ratio for 4:3 Video (which i dont have that much of.)

Hi

Ok, thank you.

Will try the same with my LG LCD

Consult your LG Manual for the ‘Aspect Ratio’ button…

Might just be called ‘Ratio’ or ‘A/R’

This LG Remote Picture … the Button is ‘Ratio’

Also worth Noting…

My Panasonic TV has x3 HDMI Inputs.

HDMI1 and HDMI3 … Support  16:9, 4:3, 14:9, Just, Zoom1, Zoom2

HDMI2 only Supports 16:9 & 4:3  (There is a Technical Reason for this, but haven’t delved into it)

So, if on your TV Remote you Press the Button that control the TV’s Aspect Ratio and you only get the choice of 16:9 and 4:3… Switch OFF your TV at the Main Power Switch on the TV (not the Power Point) and don’t turn off your WDTV.

Unplug and Replug the HDMI cable into another HDMI input and Turn your TV on, and on the TV Remote select the appropriate HDMI Input… and then try the Aspect Ratio button again on your TV Remote.