4:3 16:9

I have a home movie that is 4:3 i used to be able to view it in 16:9  on the old wd tv … how do you do this on the WD TV SNP ?

You can’t.   And I don’t know how you would have been able to do it on the old one either…

The WDs (ALL of them as far as I know) present 4:3 as 4:3 and 16:9 as 16:9.    They don’t present 4:3 as 16:9 and have never had the option to do so.

I have WDTv Gen1, Somewhwere in setting there is a option to tell the WDTV if  the video output is normal or widescreen ( not at home at moment - so not sure exactly where) changing this does what you need. I do this for old tv shows i have downloaded. Naturaly it distorts a bit, but its fine. May be similar setting for smp, will check later

Yes, that setting is there.

tried the setting … this seems to effect the whole UI not just the home movie.

It used to work on the old WDTV ?

Would a moden tv allow you to show this 4:3 view as 16:9 then ?

tony0204 wrote:

I have WDTv Gen1, Somewhwere in setting there is a option to tell the WDTV if  the video output is normal or widescreen ( not at home at moment - so not sure exactly where) changing this does what you need. I do this for old tv shows i have downloaded. Naturaly it distorts a bit, but its fine. May be similar setting for smp, will check later

I try this in my old Gen 1, and it affect all your interface, the movies, if the movie is in 16:9 and you have change the output to 4:3, then it will fill up the TV screen. Now if you have the settings in 16:9 and the movie is 4:3, it will not fill the screen.