3TB WD Caviar Green not accessible in My Computer

Hi all, Can’t access drive in My Computer but it shows up in Device Manager and BIOS with the correct 3TB capacity, also I can use it properly in Ubuntu 11.10 (dual boot machine) to the full 3TB capacity. The drive is being used in an external enclosure that supports 3TB capacity drives (USB 3.0). I have successfully transferred lots of files under Ubuntu but would appreciate it if I could use it in Windows as well. I am running Windows 7 64. Just updated BIOS to latest revision. I have a Sager NP5160 laptop (Clevo W150HN). I did a full format using GUID or whatever it’s called, not MBR before using the drive at all. Any advice?

Can you post a screenshot of your computer Disk Management, just to verify the drive file system. 

bmold86 wrote:
Hi all, Can’t access drive in My Computer but it shows up in Device Manager and BIOS with the correct 3TB capacity, also I can use it properly in Ubuntu 11.10 (dual boot machine) to the full 3TB capacity. The drive is being used in an external enclosure that supports 3TB capacity drives (USB 3.0). I have successfully transferred lots of files under Ubuntu but would appreciate it if I could use it in Windows as well. I am running Windows 7 64. Just updated BIOS to latest revision. I have a Sager NP5160 laptop (Clevo W150HN). I did a full format using GUID or whatever it’s called, not MBR before using the drive at all. Any advice?

I would run the dlg diagnostics to make sure nothing is wrong with the drive itself.  with that being said, there may be something with the ubuntu format that windows doesn’t like.  I would reformat it with the windows machine and see if it works okay on linux.  of course, you will have to back up your data before doing this.