3D Movies

Hi guys, several days ago called the customer service and asked if the WD TV Live Plus it’s able to read the 3d contents, what they said… NO… ok i believe the customer service **bleep**!!

Last night tryed with 3d movies and the player ROCKS!!! format like MKV and ISO with 3d.

The only concern it’s the ISO files played on network from a PC, it’s not really good!!!, better to connect the external hard drive into the player and that’s it!!!

Enjoy

What sort of 3D movies are you playing?

I stream my 3D MVK SBS files from a ReadyNAS to my WD Live Plus, it’s great! =) I was surprised and happy that the WD Live could do this!

Any media player can… There’s no magic in side by side that makes it any different than any other video.

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Any media player can… There’s no magic in side by side that makes it any different than any other video.

That’s wierd, my friend owns a Popbox and his won’t do it. Neither will his CinemaTube. Admittadly, these both have a ton of issues with the firmware, though, so I am guessing that is what the issue is.

There are some gotchas.

Some pirates are making the movies like

3840 x 1080   (for side by side) 

or

1920 x 2160  (for Top-and-Bottom)

The player would have to be able to handle that kind of resolution.

As long as the internal video complies with the player’s specifications, it will play the file.   

1 Like

TonyPh12345 wrote:

There are some gotchas.

Some pirates are making the movies like

3840 x 1080   (for side by side) 

or

1920 x 2160  (for Top-and-Bottom)

The player would have to be able to handle that kind of resolution.

As long as the internal video complies with the player’s specifications, it will play the file.   

Cool, thanks for the info, Tony! I didn’t know this! Anything else I should look out for? Usually I just let Handbrake do it’s thing and rip my 3D movies since I only have one BR Player but I have three WDs and the movies play fine off the NAS so far, but if you have any good tips I am interested in hearing them.