30 second skip?

I really love how TiVo, FiOSTV and other media players have a 30 second skip.  I use the 30 second skip to jump past movie intros, title screens, show intros, boring parts of a show, etc.  What I like about 30 second skips is that most TV intros are 30, 60, 90 or 120 seconds so with 1-4 button presses I’m EXACTLY at the start of a show.  FF can sometimes be a bit slow or even tricky to stop at the exact location.  A 30 second skip forward and 10 second skip back would be ideal.  Can you tell I’m a long time XBMC user? :smiley:

I bought my WD TV Live Hub and I’m absolutely loving it.  A nice little side benefit is that it can act as a NAS for me.  It’s almost worth buying them just for the NAS feature. :smileyvery-happy:

I know that I can skip to a time but going back and forth 30 seconds with a button press is more efficient.  Is there any way to implement this?  There are plenty of remote buttons.  I read through the manual and only saw the 10 minute skip option but that doesn’t meet my needs.  Any feedback would be appreciated!  I’m so close to not using my hacked XBox consoles and longer!

1 Like

Your post sounds more like an idea or a Feature Request; the best place for this is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there is no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live Hub Ideas:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/idb-p/hub_ideas