3 WD30EFRX Died at once - Audio/Video of Sound in post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pEQOedSXC4

Not my video - but ALL THREE of my drives are making this EXACT sound -  I shut down my computer to hook a USB cable up behind it (have to unplug it to get to it), turned it back on, and all three drives were doing this.

Normally I’d just say, well the drive failed, but all three at once doing this exact thing? It’s so weird.

If I let them sit, they eventually stop making this sound, but they’re holding up post/boot, one of them identifies in the BIOS after waiting for a very long time, but shows as 0GB drive or some nonsense.

System configuration is an intel H77 based board with drives in a RAID 5 configuration.

Drives were purchased in September 2012. They have been on 24/7 for most of that lifespan.

Anyone have any thoughts? Anything I could try to revive them? I’ve been backing up to Crashplan but I’m only about 80% complete so I will have data loss - so I want to do anything I can to recover the data.

Hello,

It is weird all 3 drives died at the same time. If you want to recover that data on the drives I recommend you contact a data recovery company.

Data Recovery

You can get your drives replaced. Click on the link below for more info.

How to get an RMA, (Return Merchandise Authorization) or replace a defective product under warranty