when copy large files with either wired or wireless, the disk hangs. and the access time is very slow. reboot and restore to factory setting has no impact to the poor performace.
In order to have a fast LAN backup and data transfer speed, we recommend the following local networking environment setup:
- A router with Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet ports.
- A CAT6 Ethernet Cable to connect your WD My Cloud to an available Gigabit port on your Gigabit router. Supplied cable is CAT5e.
- Support for at least 300 Mbps local wireless data upload and download speeds on both your router and the NIC of the computer in question.
- Support for the 5 GHz wireless broadcast band on both your router and the NIC of the computer in question.
- Support for the “N” wireless frequency channel on both your router and the NIC of the computer in question.
Please bear in mind that any physical networking feature not supported by either your router or your computer can negatively and notoriously affect your LAN backup and data transfer speeds, resulting in very long data transfers.
i get sometimes 12 to 15mb/sec - replaced the router and using wireless AC
the cloud dashboard is slow, time machine does not work with this unit
get better performance when i share a firewire drive from my imac
You might want to try This and see if it works for you?