3 TB Drive restarts after 20minutes of copying

Hi there,

I got a new WD My Book 1130 3TB and connected it through USB 3.0 onboad Fresco port to my Asrock mainboard running Windows 7 64bit. When I use the Windows copy function I get CRC errors on every big file. This is a common problem, so I use TeraCopy and this works.

But after around 20 minutes my drive disconnects and connects one second later and the file transfer stops.

I have installed the latest drive firmware and mainboard drivers etc.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks!

Does the drive feel like it’s overheating? Check the power settings in advanced power settings.

Joe

No the drive is not overheating it is not hot.

I think i found a workaround, i can copy around 100GB before the drive disconnects. So i only copy 90GB restart the drive manual and then copy the next 90GB.  While reading there is no limit, only the writing is too much for the drive…

It **bleep** but i can live with it, because i only copy much stuff the first time and never again.

“It **bleep** but i can live with it, because i only copy much stuff the first time and never again.”

You may think you can live with it. But the drive may not live long enough! Lack of cooling my friend!