2nd WD Caviar Balck 1TB 6GB/s with bad sectors

I bought 3x of these WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 drives less than a year ago. One is my primary data drive with 2 partitions on it. A second is my internal backup drive, and the third is an external backup. Both the primary data and internal backup drives have delvelped bad sectors, which interferes with running backup apps like rsync.

I have RMAd both drive, and as usual, I am very happy and impressed with WDs RMA and customer service. I am wondering if I just got unlucky, or if there are some know issues with this series. I am running windows XP 32-bit, and have everything formatted as NTFS. I Have allot of these drives, so I am wondering if I need to run DLDW on all of them just in case.

LMHmedchem

Post your SMART Data, I also had this problem, bt now solved
tell me ur system specification and, What PSU are u using?

My system is as follows,

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
MOBO: GA-EP45T-DS3R f3 BIOS
CPU: Q9550
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 OCZ3RPR13334GK 1328MHz, 6-6-6-20, 1.76v
GPU: EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB @626MHz
HSF: Spire Thermax Eclipse II (mod with UltraKaze)
SSD-OS1: OCZ VertexII 60GB, WinXP-32bit sp3
HDD-OS2: VelociRaptor 150GB, Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit, CentOS 5.1 64-bit
HDD-Data: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
HDD-Backup: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (10GB pagefile partition)
Optical: LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM SATA Combo
FDD: YD-8V08 Floppy & 18 in 1 card reader

How do I go about posting my SMART data? I can obtain it from WDLD, but I don’t see any way to save or copy the data. The drive failed the short test, the long test, and returned an error when it tried to repair bad sectors.

LMHmedchem

calculate your system wattage,

extreme_outervision_com/PSUEngine…(replace _ with [.] )

use ‘HDTune Pro’ to see ur SMART Data … 
i also had some questions bt no one replied to me, i dnt know what happend to WD fourm… 

Regards:

Salman Aziz

The wattage for this computer is no where near 750W, it probably specs out to ~350W, maybe 400W now with a bit of capacitor aging. I have built dozens of computers and even the most amped up current computer would be fine with a Corsair 750W as long as it has a single video card. I could test the individual sata connectors to make sure they are putting out enough volts.

I don’t had HDtune pro, just the free version. Incidentally, the last time I had an HD drive go bad, the HDtune error scan didn’t detect anything. DLDW gave an error on both the long and short scans, but HD tune didn’t show anything.

LMHmedchem

What can i do just help to recover those bad sector. this not abt community , it is personal help… I can give u ‘Spinrite’ to recover those bad sector…  du u want to do it???   so let me know … mail me  <<<salman_aziz297>>><<<yahoo.ccoomm>>

spinrite works like charm, (in my case) i’ll give u more suggestion to save time, let me know? 

My case:

previously:

After spin rite: