[SOLVED] How to access /usr (and others) folder on my Nas?

Hello,

First of all, I’m sorry if my english is not quite perfect as i don’t speak english everyday…

I’m a newbie in NAS community so I also apologize if my question looks stupid (but i swear i googled with many key words before creating my topic :slight_smile: )

Well, here it is : I need to acces this folder on my nas : /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/

But the only folder I see are those shared (Public ; SmartWare ; TimeMachineBackup ; and those I created)

Any idea how to do it ?

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

ps: my NAS is a My Cloud PR2100

You shouldn’t make your libs a public share, it is not safe.
But you can access everything via SSH.

What do you want to achieve?

My libs are shared, but not public.

I just had a look on what SSH is and tried to set it up but this will probably take me more than few minutes as I’m a newbie, so I’ll check it later. I still have a lot to learn about NAS.

I thought there was a basic way to access it through windows explorer… :worried: (that’s what I want to achieve : go to this folder /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/ via a GUI easy to use. I need to modify a .xml file of the application Plex Media Server I installed on my NAS)

Thank you for your answer :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d just use the terminal (SSH with putty) and edit that file with the “nano” editor.

cd /usr/lib/plexmediaserver
nano fileYouWantToEdit.xml

But you could make a plex directory in your share and then do this

cd /shares/Volume_1
cd yourShare
mkdir plex
mount --bind /usr/lib/plexmediaserver plex

Make sure you unmount this path before rebooting.

umount /shares/Volume_1/yourShare/plex
1 Like

Ok so I went to /usr/lib through Putty but it seems that /plexmediaserver isn’t there.

Plex Media Server was supposed to be installed there, but it seems it’s not :

Do you know any command to find the folder (or more precisely, the file chromecast.xml) I’m looking for ?

WD makes it really hard to explore our NAS lol

Thank you for your help in any case :slight_smile:

EDIT:
By searching again and again (lol) I finally found exactly what I was looking for : WinSCP

This program allows you to explore all files on your NAS through a GUI (and not only those few folder you acces via mycloud…) :smile:

You can even search for files in your NAS, and it appears that Chromecast.xml wasn’t where I expected lol. The file was located here (/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plexmediaserver/binaries/Resources/Profiles) and I was able to modify it as I wanted :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help, I didn’t know anything about SSH, and this helped me a lot :wink:

Problem solved