2 x My Cloud NAS on same network

Hi. I have 2 x 4TB My Cloud NAS devices on my home network.

I have given both NAS devices the same setup, same usernames for login, email addresses etc…

The only difference on the 2 devices is the share names as my data exceeded 4TB.

Ideally what I want is for me to login and see my 2 Cloud Devices (which i do), but I can only access one of them. The other says ‘login not authorized’. However, last week, the opposite was the case, where I could access the other one and not the one that I can access now.

If I am on my home network, both devices are accessible via the MyCloud App.

Am I doing something wrong, should I be able to access both of my NAS devices externally, from the app or from wdmycloud.com

You gave them unique NAMES, right?

In addition to the previous poster asking if you gave each My Cloud a unique name.
Have you given each My Cloud a static IP address (preferably assigned or reserved by the local network router DHCP server)?
Are you using port forwarding (within the router) to forward to either My Cloud?

Yes, 1 is named Cloud1 and other one is named Cloud2.

Also, they are both DHCP addresses

192.168.0.7 and 192.168.0.38

I can see both devices when i log in to mycloud but it randomly (i think) will only let me access 1 of them.

I have no special permissions on my router (for port forwarding etc…)

Some with multiple My Clouds have reported similar problems. They can access one device but not another. there have been a few threads on it.

See the following recent thread for some additional discussion on multiple My Clouds on the local network:

https://community.wd.com/t/multiple-my-clouds-on-same-home-network/164926

1 Like