2 TB Passport Lost Files

Band new 2tb passport.  I added 15 folders onto passport. Over 1tb in data. Worked fine for 3 or 4 days. Went 1 morning and all files are gone. I checked on 3 other computers (even in disk managment) and a tv (with usb), drive shows empty with 1.8 tb free. (i did not format anything).

When going to open the drive, looks like the padlock icon shows the drive is locked. Drive opens like it is not locked and i have never locked this one drive. When i try to unlock it I get 

" You must run the Unlock application from the WD SmarWare CD associated with the drive you want to unlock. Click Exit, locate and open the related WD Smartware CD, and then run Unlock to unlock the desired drive. "

The passport has no files on it but what happened to the 1tb i put onto it? I tried some recovery software it it picks up nothing. Hope i am not screwed, this drive was going to backed up on blu-ray, just crashed before i was able to. This is my work data. I may get fired over this.

you can try to download the VCD (Virtual CD) and you might be able to unlock the drive.