2 TB Blue Drive Not Recognized

I bought 2 WD Blue Hard Drives 2 TB each in April. I use both of them for computer
backup. One of them after 3 months of backups suddenly gave this Error Message:
" H:\ is not accessible. This volume does not contain a recognized file system. Be sure all required file systems are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."

I called WD tech support who could not get it to work. They replaced the drive with another
one of the same model. It arrived and was dead on arrival. WD finally replaced it which I
received today. Installed the drive in my USB 3 case and it stated that I need to initialize it.
Which I did. The band on the top was black. Then I got message that it had to be formatted which I did. Now Computer Management will not even show the drive at all.

Is anyone else having trouble with these 2 TB WD Blue drives? Now the other 2 TB drive that I got the same time is doing exactly the same thing. I talked to WD today and they had me run their test program on the drive and it passed both quick and extended tests.

I have used WD drives for years and never in my dealings with them have I had the amount of problems that I am now having.

I might add that it is NOT the computer because I install it on my laptop with the same
results.

The one I got today that will not work makes a loud ticking sound when the computer tries to access it.

Can someone please advise why this is happening.

I think they are just sending me used drives. At least they are not working………

Could there be an issue with the USB3 case you are using? Are all the 2TB drives using the same make/model case? What is used for a power supply for these cases? Are these 2.5 or 3.5 drives?

1. I have had these usb3 enclosures for some time and they have worked perfectly. I can put a 600GB WD Blue drive in them and they work perfectly so not the enclosure problem.

2. Both 2TB drives and installed in separate identical Roswell USB3 drives Model # RX307-PU3-35B 3.5” SATA HDD Enclosure.

3. Powered by separate 12 Volt Power Supply and USB3 cables.

4. 3.5 SATA III HDD

Dell tells me that these problems are definitely the Hard Drive not the computer since they will have the identical problem when connected to my HP Laptop and HP Surface computers.

Not the enclosure fault since they work with other Hard Drives such as my 600 GB WD Blue drive.

All suggestions are appreciated.

I can’t contact WD support until Monday because they don’t work on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday even though I wonder if it will do any good since one of them has already been replaced 2 times and

Both replacements were dead on arrival. The other one started the same thing on 7-31 and had to be reformatted by support instructions and now it is doing the same thing again.

WD drives for me used to be my only choice but for some reason now their dependability is not reliable.

Seems very strange to me that so many are seemingly defective… I’ve never had a problem from a WD 3.5 or a 2.5 Blue. Other than just getting old. Been lucky I guess. I hope you get it solved!