2 questions regarding what is possible with themes

I wonder if any of the theme experts out there can answer the following:

1. Is it possible to get the WDTV to list folders after the files?

For example, it currently does this:

Folder1

Folder2

Folder3

File1.mkv

File2.mkv

What I want is:

File1.mkv

File2.mkv

Folder1

Folder2

Folder3

1. In the Playins Now screen (for music) is there any way to display the track times for all tracks.

For example:

Track1   5:35

Track2   4:24

Track3   6:21

Many Thanks

Mike

1. Not exactly sure what you are trying to do there.

But know this, metadata & backdrops will not display for folders and folders are handled differently than files.  If the purpose of this is to have files and DVD folders together, then it is best to convert your DVD folders to ISO’s.  You will get the same playback and ISO’s are just zipped DVD folders so you will have just a single file and meta and backdrops will display for them.

1. Do you mean on the Home screen?  NO.
  1. I am just wanting files to be shown before the folders.

For example, if I take my Doctor Who collection. I have a folder for each story, and then inside that folder are the files containing the episodes, and a folder containing the extras. I want the files to list first, rather than the folder.

1. I am talking about the playing screen for music. So when you have navigated to an album and hit play, the default theme shows the list of tracks, along with star ratings. I would like to replace the star ratings with the track time value.

mikehadfield wrote:> For example, if I take my Doctor Who collection. I have a folder for each story, and then inside that folder are the files containing the episodes, and a folder containing the extras. I want the files to list first, rather than the folder.

I’m not sure about the first, but you can try changing the filter/sort (press the green button on the remote) that would be the only way.

As for the second, no.