2 questions before Purchase

Hi all im bout to buy the wd my cloud 2tb model  but have a few questions

#1 i want to set it up so i can access it from both my pcs in my home (one xp other vista) as well as my wd live tv smp but dont know if it can be done from what i have read sounds like you can only setup from 1 pc or access from 1 pc

#2 im not to computer literate as far as setting this up for network access and mapping a drive i mean once i set this up how do i access my movies in public folder for only my accessing from home? does it need a drive letter to access?

#3 since i dont have a mac can i delete the mac folder or rename it and use it for something else?

thank you

#1) I don’t know what you’re reading, but you can absolutely access it from multiple PCs as well as WDTV.
#2) from windows, you can access it either from a mapped drive letter or via direct UNC path. Makes no difference.

Hi Again Sorry for the misinformation I mean i have 2 pcs, can i install the software on both pcs to access/update/sync stuff to the cloud or can it only be on one pc for updating and syncing

whats direct unc path?

Bozmodian wrote:

Hi Again Sorry for the misinformation I mean i have 2 pcs, can i install the software on both pcs to access/update/sync stuff to the cloud or can it only be on one pc for updating and syncing

whats direct unc path?

Which software are you talking about when you say “the software?”

A UNC path is something like this:

\wdmycloud\share.…

with the mycloud setup software when you set up the mycloud for the first time  and you download the ui can that software be on multiple pcs or is it not needed or what? Also what happens if I get a new computer do i need to run setup software on that pc or if i reinstall windows on one of my current pcs how does that affect mycloud?

apps refering to is wd my cloud desktop app can that be on multiple pcs ?