2 New Themes (W.I.P) "WD Smart©" and "Smart©X"

Very very good themes, simple and stylish

do “WD Smart©” and “Smart©X” will be WD tv live SMP compatible?

Thanks

hello there, thanks very much! I hope they will be, however I don’t as yet have a Live to test them on, just a live hub… so as soon as they are completed to a beta then I would love somebody to check!

Many kind regards…

Richard

Well, I can check that… :) 

Cumps

lol. Thanks I you will be one of the first to know! :wink:

Hey RIchie, I absolutly love your Smart CX theme!, awesome job.

I can’t wait for this theme to be available for download, 

Can you bring for the wall View, for every Movie the Name on the screen under the cover, because sometimes the cover dont say enough

Hope this  finds everybody well? sorry I been so quietk, just very busy! - Sorry!

Just thought I would give you an update on some views…“Preview” is a little sluggish, but I am working on it, not that I really use it…does anyone? lol 

Here they are…

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

WDTVLiveHub_2012.07.26_01.26.03.jpg

WDTVLiveHub_2012.07.26_01.24.59.jpg

WDTVLiveHub_2012.07.26_01.23.50.jpg

WDTVLiveHub_2012.07.26_01.24.16.jpg

screenshot_00.jpg

…Just working on a “Home Screen” (actually have no idea how to present that one!) and as soon as I get that up and running, I will post a beta for everybody to try…

many kind regards…

Richie.

2 Likes

Can you reload the pictures

tks

Richie, this looks amazing! Fantastic contribution to the community.

I use the wdtv to listen to music or pandora all day, while I work. I find that the time and the weather, always displaying on the top right is very helpful. Can you show the time and weather at the top right of the “Now Playing”? Also how will Pandora look like with your theme?

Kudo for the great work.

Thanks for msg, I will see what I can do for you. I have now a very basic “Beta Version” for everybody. Not all screen are done, and it may not all be perfect, so please be gental!

There is till so much work to be done on it, but I wanted to get this out for people that wanted to play around, or just maybe get ideas, or just something different.

I will keep working on this, then I will start on the “WD Smart©” however I am taking a few rest days for now! lol but please feel free to let me know what you think. and please be kind! its taken alot of work and effort, as I does with all the people that theme!

Many kind regards…

Richie

WDTV Smart©X Beta

http://www.mediafire.com/?pto8bdpapdjdmf4

1 Like

Thank you for posting the beta.

I find it stable, easy to use and easy to read from far away. 

Thanks Richie for the Theme - looks cool 

Hi, I absolutely love this new theme! Thanks for making it, you’ve clearly spent hours on it and I’m amazed how professional it looks already and how it gives the hub a whole new feel. To be a first beta the quality is already awesome. Is there anywhere you would like me to post feedback for any bugs I find or suggestions etc? Eg My thumbnails for all the views bar the list one with the huge cover to the left (love this view!) don’t resize the thumbs so they’re really little with the blue outline surrounding mostly nothing. 

if there’s anything I can do to help just give me a shout and I’ll do what I can. Really like the potentiat of this theme. 

Thanks again,

Karl

Hello Karl, may I first say thanks so much for the feedback already, glad you like the theme. Yes I have spent hours and hours on it, but then so do most of the themers here! almost like another job, however I do love it and take some enjoyment out of it.   Any feedback then please feel free to let me know, the same with request, I will do my best I promise, however this is something I do in my spear time, but as stated it is a work in progress! There are many things i would love to do t the theme, though alot seems to be restricted to firmware which WD dont seem to be to fussed about what gets sorted and what does not. eg; I have spent alot of time and I mean TIME trying to discover the best ratio and quality for thumbs. WD cant seem to get this correct. Folder thumbs dont display the same quality as embedded, a few pixils out here and there and there still seems to be a problme in genral in the over quality of the thumbnails. Its been reported and reported and it does seem to be getting a little better with each update, but its still not right. Anyways, what I have found is that my Music thumb I do with this res… picture res.jpg

so you can see, that why my thumbs turn out so well, my movies I have adjusted the res to this…

So i have adjusted all the thumbs in the theme to match what looks best. Maybe a should do a demo folder so you can see what I mean…

As for your problem, take a screen shot and let me have a look, you can go into the remote settings on your wd and activate this… press a button and it takes a screen shot… then let me have a look!

I have gone on to long know! lol

thanks again, 

many kind regards…

richie.

great themes

Not sure whether it’s the latest firmware or because your theme is still in Beta mode but navigation around all the screens is very s-l-o-w.   The other themes I have installed all run smoothly and quickly but unfortunately yours is dragging it’s feet. 

The pages themselves are very impressive and if there is an answer to the speed problem then it will become my favoured theme.

Thanks for advice, I’ve spent all day converting ALL my video covers to 300x450 and it now works perfect. I’ve also created some letter folder images using  myriad pro (the font apple use) as I sort my movies alphabetically. I’ve also created movie, pictures, music, tv and comedy folder icons based on ios and I have to say they look quality! I’ll take a screen grab when I get chance and put it on. I can send you the folder icons I’ve made too if you like?

Im not seeing the image of the live hub when you initially select movies etc that shows on your images. I have to select LiveHub but there is no image. Do you know why this might be?

Thanks again. 

Hello there, sorry to have been away, work, very boring. 

Yes it is a Beta still, so I am working on making it a faster UI, however how the UI works is designed to be optimized for quality, ie the movie, music, photos art.  Its all designed to gain the best possible quality that can be offered. I have managed to get it speedier, but still maybe a little slow compared to SOME of the other themes.

Hope this has helped.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello there k_t_lloyd, glad you love the theme, well done for your folders, I would love to have a copy, also you have given me another idea for the home screen, just to make it a little more up-to-date.

The LiveHUb image you talk about is just an image I made up for my folder jpg, so it wont show unless you have the image… I can however get a link set up for this…So you may be able to download it…

Still work on the theme, but back to work and again away for a few days again… So be back soon …

Oh, and yesterday got a Live SMP, and the theme works amazing well on it… So I will keep you posted!

Many kind regards to everyone…

Richie.

This is the greatest Theme i ve ever seen. Just we need the normal speed and we are all happy =) thank you very much

Hi all,

New owner of the WDTV live streaming player. So far all good, network shares to my imac streaming everything fantastic!!

With regards to this theme - I have downloaded the zip file from the post and went to upload from the WDTV browser but received a bubble saying ‘incorrect file type’

Does this theme need to be uploaded via usb and not the browser?

I realise it is not even in beta stage yet but would love to give it a go (yes I’m an apple fan boy) as I love the look of it.

Many thanks

Dan