2 New G-Drive USB Loses Partition

I have bought 2 x 2TB G-Drive USB from Amazon in Mid September 2017, after a few Days I noticed that files were missing while I was working.
I Checked the drive as i had just added the files and saw files disappearing right before my Eyes. after a few seconds the partition became unreadable and I get the Format Disk error.
I tried using testdisk to see if I could locate the partition and It didn’t see any. I ran some test and Formated the drive and started using it again.

All was well and I used the second G-Tech USB drive to backup the files and keep my Raw footages.
Suddenly last night I wanted some footage and last night I saw the Partition turned back to Raw and now my Raw footages are all gone.
Testdisk also didn’t find the partition in this instance as well.

What should I do?

Constantly losing the partition like that is very unlikely and usually only happens if there is corruption on the volume due to improper ejections of the drive. We would suggest checking a preference on your Mac in the Energy Saver preferences.

Make sure “Put drives to sleep when possible” is unchecked. Would also suggest disabling letting your computer go to sleep at all, the display can sleep but not the system. Reformat again and see if it happens again. If it happens again then you need to get a replacement drive.

Hi, Thank you for your reply.
I’m using them on Windows and My system isn’t set to sleep, Only Go to screen-saver.
Also, I always make sure I Eject the drives before powering them down and also Nothing is being copied to or from the drive, so basically no drive activity.
Ive seen this the issue of improperly ejecting a hard disk but in the cases Ive seen, the data was recoverable and the partition was restored using test disk.
Data Recovery isn’t possible on them as nothing is able to read any data from the partition which i find strange.
I have other externals but this is the first time having this type of issue with any of them. I’ll try and reformat, But I may just return them and get replacements and be on the safe side.