2 MyClouds not showing up on "Network" in windows file manager

Just because you assume nothing changed on the local network (or with your computer’s OS) doesn’t mean something hasn’t changed. Obviously something has changed. Point is, one should review the standard troubleshooting things/steps that may affect the inability of the computer to see the My Cloud on the local network.

It’s possible a Windows update (if using Windows) may have changed something within the OS. Wouldn’t be the first time a Microsoft update affected access to the NAS devices like the My Cloud using SMB. A software update for third party firewalls could have changed or reset the firewall settings. A network driver update may even affect the network port on the computer causing problems. An ISP router or third party consumer router firmware update may affect router settings causing local network DNS issues.

It may sound repetitive and stupid but many of the troubleshooting suggestions in the following post, including Windows 10 Specific Method 1 through Windows 10 Specific Method 5 often solve general access problems with the My Cloud.

Windows 7 has similar settings that should be checked. Another basic troubleshooting step is to power down all network devices. Power on the network router and wait for it to finish booting up. Then power on the My Cloud and wait for it to display a blue front LED. Then power one one single computer (that was exhibiting the access issue) and after it boots into Windows see if the access issue continues. If not then continue turning on other network devices, checking after each device finishes booting up is the issue persists with that device.