2 my book lives only one will work

Ok theres the problem

I got a 3TB mybook live and installed it…worked fine.  I liked it so much I searched and saw a post here saying you can have as many mybook live drives on a net as you want

when I installed the first drive i named is NSDRaw

When I installed the second drive I named it NSDMedia

when i attempted to add users to the second drive i got error 30005 - Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again.

so i go to my computer and tried to access the drive  it asked me for a network password…none of which worked

so I disconnected the first drive and re-installed the second…it worked fine

when I added the first drive again it now did the same thing the second drive was doing

it short it only sees one drive at a time

Im running win7 home premium 64 bit

the drives are connected to an 8 port net gear switch

an email to wd support on friday is still unanswered.

can anyone help?

and yes they have different ip addys

I have narrowed this down  its only one drive that doesnt work because it has no users…apparently the mybook installation doftware cant login to the drive to add a user

so I enabled shh but I need to know the correct command and parameters to add a user

I tried adduser but that doesnt seem to work so I deleted the user and the home dir it created.

can anyone help?

I’m having the same problem… try to access Users or Shares on the Live portal and i am getting 30005 - Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. a little help would be appreciated… restarted and reset to no avail. I have not done a factory reset… but the problems started after i upgraded to the recent firmware… i would like to set up users and shares.