2 important problems with SmartWare :

Good morning everyone.

First, I apologize for my english which will appear as “bad” because I am french. I will do the best to be undersantable.

Then, I would like to precise that I have been searching an answer for days, and weeks before posting here. Here’s my problem (so annoying that I today regret to have bought my WD hard drive).

I have a MyPassport Essential SE (for both PC / Mac) - the black one!

On the first launch, I deleted all the original files WD so I can’t use SmartWare anymore.

But, I would like to be able to use my hard drive both on pc and Mac (because I have one of each) and use the backup software only on Mac.

I formated my drive in FAT32, because it’s a format working for pc/mac at the same time (I read it around here). But now, when I try to install Smartware with the image dmg I found in the download section, it says that there is no inscriptible partition plugged.

I tried to format it to every format purposed in Disk Utility, but at the best my drive can be used but impossible for it to be detected by smartware.

First, I need a working way of recovering files on the drive (like if I plugged it for the first time),

If both are impossible, I want it functionnal for mac.

Thank you very much for reading, I hope I will find a solution here.

Nobody can help me?

Please…

como tu va?

Heres is how to do it the correct way just make sure you follow the instructions correctly

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3865&p_created=1258601352&p_sid=M5b6Dekk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkzLDE5MyZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9Zm9ybWF0&p_li=&p_topview=1

Excuse my french

Thank you very much. No problem with your french it’s always nice to see someone trying to adapt - thank you!

I’ll see the processes on the link you gave me and I will feedback if it’s working or not.

Have a nice day!

no problem let me know how it works out