2.07.17 Upgrade Music playlists Problem

I had similar problems to many reported here in upgrading the firmware, but finally it completed.

I now have an issue wih my m3u music playlists. I go to my music playlists and select any one and I get the “there is no media in the current folder” message.

I tried deleting the media library and rebuilding it, but that did not help.

The playlists were working fine before the upgrade.

Help

[snip]

Yeah, there’s a bug there…

(Last minute edit…  My error message is the same as ya’lls…)

I’m getting the same as BruceMM, “no media in the folder” message for m3u playlists.    

I am also experiencing this problem since upgrading my firmware today to 2.07.17.  I have also tried a .pls playlist and this fails as well.  Worse is that after I try and play a playlist, I can’t get any other music to play from another filter unless I power cycle the device.  I had hoped that this firmware would fix the issue of not being able to shuffle play a whole genre one filtered, but that doesn’t seem to work either, so my playlist workaround is also off the table now - disappointed!

I had the same problem but I was able to fix it by resetting back to factory, turning off the media hub and then pulling the power plug. I waited a few minutes and plugged it back in and booted it up.

After that I was able to see my movies in their folder view and all of my files and music appeared again.

I still have that bug where the music shuts off when the screensaver goes on. I have not seen a solution for that one yet.

I have rolled back to the previous firmware version.  Had a few attempts at this.  Note if anyone has to do this - ensure you have all FOUR files from the zip file on your memory stick or hard drive rather than the 3 that was referred to in the instructions.  Will await the next firmware with baited breath!

Ditto BruceMM’s problem.  Since the firmware upgrade I get the “No Media in Folder” message.  Will try some of the suggested fixes in the morning, but hope we don’t have to go to factory defaults to get it working again with each subsequent firmware upgrade.

Overall though, I’m  a very happy customer.

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the playlists and get the German equivalent of the errorr message. I have done a factory reset which didn’t help.

I did not the power cable of the box after the factory reset though. I would be interested if anybody else solved the playlist problem by factory reset and disconnecting it.

Regards,

Rudi

Rudi69 wrote:

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the playlists and get the German equivalent of the errorr message. I have done a factory reset which didn’t help.

I did not the power cable of the box after the factory reset though. I would be interested if anybody else solved the playlist problem by factory reset and disconnecting it.

Regards,

Rudi

The 2.07.17 update seems to have broken the playlist function. If you don’t need any of the new features but you do need working playlists roll back to the previous firmware.