2.07.17 failed cannot rollback

I upgraded to 2.07.17 this afternoon. Upgrade seemed to go fine but after that WD was quite slow and I could not connect anymore from any of my machines: Macos Lion or Windows. 

Followed the instructions to roll back to 2.06.16. Download from WD site, copied into a USB flash disk (.ver, .bin, .ff) and rebooted. WD succesfully recognized the upgrade intention showed a funny number (WD says that is fine) and I hit OK. Upgrade went smooth, hit 100% and rebooted.

After the reboot I get a WARNING saying the box is running an unofficial firmware and then it goes into another screen GPL firmware launcher. I get stuck after that no matter what I do. 

Please what I am doing wrong ? 

Thanks

I would try to upgrade to 2.07.17 again, because it sounds like your upgrade didn’t fully complete.

1 Like

Hi 

thanks for the help. Indeed it fixed the problem. The real deal was that when I downgraded to 2.06.10 I didnt have the full package. Meaning, I had only the .ff, .ver and .bin but I didnt have the .bi2. The Rollback versions of the firmware (i.e. those with the fulll packages) should be easy available instead of hidden somewhere. I wrongly downloaded the GPL only and updated the firmware through the USB. WD should place the full packages in a better way and protect the GPL launchers in an appropriate place (for developers only i’d guess ?).

Anyway I am back at 2.06.10 and surely will not update to 2.07.17. Maybe the next ones but 07.17 didnt work for me. 

Thanks

I had the same issue. Had to rollback to .10 via flash drive THEN I updated to .17 via flash drive (as opposed to relying on the network update). Everything works well now.

RafaelSantos wrote:

Hi 

thanks for the help. Indeed it fixed the problem. The real deal was that when I downgraded to 2.06.10 I didnt have the full package. Meaning, I had only the .ff, .ver and .bin but I didnt have the .bi2. The Rollback versions of the firmware (i.e. those with the fulll packages) should be easy available instead of hidden somewhere. I wrongly downloaded the GPL only and updated the firmware through the USB. WD should place the full packages in a better way and protect the GPL launchers in an appropriate place (for developers only i’d guess ?).

Anyway I am back at 2.06.10 and surely will not update to 2.07.17. Maybe the next ones but 07.17 didnt work for me. 

Thanks

The rollback versions are certainly not hidden away. The rollback page is the most posted item on these forums.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Its also mentioned on the last page of the release notes.