2.02.32-Very disappointing release

When I installed this release I assumed WD made some QA on this.

It appears that after installing this new release the device was unable to play my most of my mp4 files.

It is a huge regression (I reverted to the previous release and the streamer is working now…)

Which has been discussed here since day one of it’s release. Why did you upgrade in the first place?

Is it really worth running someone down over this?  To me, if someone we’ve never seen comes on complaining about 2.02.32, my assumption isn’t going to be that they’re stupid, but rather than they’re someone who just got the unit and upgraded the firmware, or perhaps that they’re someone who simply left the auto-update feature off and just got around to trying it manually. 

The person has ONE post.  One.  Which shows pretty clearly they joined AFTER trying the upgrade.  Are they supposed to be mind readers and know about the complaints in a support area they never visited until after updating the firmware? 

This is what a lot of us keep saying–that WD should have at least removed this update from distribution, even if they weren’t going to fix it.  The people who REALLY want it could still get it from Tech Support, while the people without any way to know better, who haven’t had any occasion to visit here, aren’t fed something they think is going to enhance their unit but which actually just makes it worse.

WileyCoyote wrote:

Is it really worth running someone down over this?

Weird definition of running down you got there.

WileyCoyote wrote:
Are they supposed to be mind readers and know about the complaints in a support area they never visited until after updating the firmware?

No, they are supposed to use the search function before posting as any (new) poster is.

WileyCoyote wrote:
This is what a lot of us keep saying–that WD should have at least removed this update from distribution, even if they weren’t going to fix it.

Which they probably would have done with more complaints about the firmware (they pulled one some time ago, can’t remember which). As I’ve told you enough times already, I’m running 2.02.32 without any issues. Never change a running system also still applies for newbies.