1TB Passport Not backing up

Hi, I have a 1TB Passport and it doesnt seem to be backing up. I am trying to back up my photos which seemed to not be a problem before. In the “pictures” folder there is 57gb of data. When i plug the Passport in it shows as 43gb in this folder. Then when i enter the Passport password it shows as 25gb in the folder and as 25gb in the Passport. In the backup tab it shows as backed up successfully, I have added new photos but nothing is happening. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Hello,

Try unisntalling the WD Smartware and reinstalling its latest version.

How to uninstall WD SmartWare Version 2.2.x and earlier from Windows (8, 7, Vista, or XP) and Mac OSX (10.4, 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7) 

How to install WD Smartware latest version

I wonder if you suggest the same solution for my problem: WD My Passport for Mac was working perfectly

with my older OS (10.5.2?). When I upgraded to 10.9.2 it wouldn’t work with Time Machine. Even after downloading

the newest firmware for the ext drive, I get the same error message about not being able to create a backup folder. 

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

my answer to you is not to use WD backup software. Just copy over all your required data to dthe drive, and use a software like allway sync to do sync for modified data every week or so. I find that approach far more simpler than using WD su ccky software

Thanks!! All was OK with WD software when I was using OS 10.5. Only when I jumped to 10.9 is when

I encountered problems. I plan to call WD cus srvce to see if they have a driver that will work. If not, I

will try Allway Sync.