1st Backup started, but 0% progress after 30 minutes!

Installed new 4TB drive and started 1st backup. It’s been 30 minutes and the system tells me it’s actively backing up, and the light is flashing quickly, but backup screen shows 0% of 559 GB backed up,… also, drive itself shows no addition of ANY data or files!

What should I do?

I would suggest to wait for some time as mostly there may be some time require to initialize the backup process under which the backup files are scanning to conclude the total size and time taken to complete backup process.

If it took more than a hour without any change in backed up data progressing status, reboot computer or reinstall latest version of backup tool to initialize the backup process.

Hello, I had the same problem. I ran on Windows 10. It sat at 0% for a long time so I left it overnight. In the morning, it looked like it ran for 6 hours. The backup software told me 254MB was backed up! When I checked the drive using Windows Explorer, it shows the drive is now 303GB used. I am a little concerned about whether or not a restore could work, if I needed it. If anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know. Thanks.