Slower transfer rate on linux client

Under Windows 10 the transfer rate (large files >2Gbyte) is as expected about 70MiB/s, but under Linux (kernel 4.6.7) I only get about 25MiB/s with smb, and 15MiB/s with afp and nfs.
The connection is the same, nearly the same results with a another Linux client (notebook).
I’ve also tested via netcat, iperf is not available for the mycloud 64K pagesize …

Are these normal transfer speed results for linux or is there something that I can optimize. What is the best transfer protokoll under linux to use with the mycloud?

How is the Linux client connected to the My Cloud? Wireless or wired? What is the speed of the wireless or wired connection? Is the My Cloud connected to a Gigabit capable router/switch? Are the Ethernet cables Cat5e or Cat6?

It’s connected via LAN (gigabit ethernet).

There seems to be a problem in the linux system with smb and also with afp, nfs.

I’ve mounted it with cifs and write performance is now about 60-105MiB/s!!
That’s really interesting :()

mkdir /media/cloud

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=XXX,password=XXX,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 //cloud.local/Public /media/cloud

Yeah, in a lot of distros, SMB is considered deprecated. Surprised you even have support for it. I use -t cifs as well.

Caja has afp as default connection protocol.
krusader supports smb, found nfs in this forum.
But all protocols have slow speed (about 15-25MiB/s) and an average smbd system usage of 25% on the mycloud.
Now with cifs average transfer rate is about 60MiB/s with an 50% smbd system load on mycloud.