Attaching My Passport Ultra to usb on My Cloud

My Passport Ultra is electronically protected with a password, and it works ok when I connect it to file explorer in Windows 10 using my password. Now I want to expand storage capasity in My Cloud, so My Passport was connected to the usb port. In dashboard, under USB, I press the key button and type in the password to open the device.

Response: Failure to open usb!

Why is this simple task so difficult in My Cloud dashboard?

In another thread I read that rebooting My Cloud can solve the problem. I tryed it, but still have the same problem.
The last respons is: To many attemts…

My Cloud version: 04.04.03-113

Any suggestion…

Hello, what is the model number of the My Passport?

Thank you for your reply Iluna.

Model number is WDBMWV0020BTT-EESN
In Dashboard it is recognized as: Western Digital My Passport 0741

More info:

• Error message from My Cloud web interface (Dashboard) is: Failure to open usb (400196)
  • This message has a small popup window with the text: Updating …
    Yesterday this text lasted 1-2 seconds
    To day this text seems to never end… ! (The web-interface is frozen)

When I disable password / encryption in My Passport Ultra, My Cloud recognize it and everything works ok.

So this is a temporary solution, but is not what we wanted.

I would appreciate if someone in Community is able to reply on these questions:

• Has anybody successfully connected an encrypted Passport Ultra to My Cloud?
  • or, is a bug?

I found the solution :slight_smile: and is very happy now.

Could you share the solution to help others, please?

And that solutions was??? :laughing:

Please post your solution so others who exhibit the same problem or issue can possibly use your/the solution.

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to test if Safepoint and remote access to My Passport Ultra was ok.

In my case the password format was not acceppted by My Cloud password input program. So I just changed my password with WD Security program.

I think the key is that user input validation in this program want to prevent injected code attacks from hackers, and that is a good thing. My old password contained some of these characters: '=()@-|<>
So just avoid using them i your password…

The program WD Drive Unlock.exe, used to unlock My Passport when it is attached to a PC, apparently don’t have this password limitation.