EX4100 in Active Directory - Hunging assigning permission on shared folder

New WD My Cloud EX4100 with fw 2.21.111
configured as file server in our Active Directory .

The account for query AD information is ok and testing works.
Just moving a share folder from public ON to OFF to assign permission the dialog box “Updating…” stays infinite and nothing happens.

Our Active Directory includes more than 400 hundred users.

Already tried changing Oplocks ON -OFF
Stopped al Share Access as FTP-WebDAV-NFS-Apple Related.
Tried Samba v1-v2-v3

Whatelse to see working this device in our AD?

Thank you

Hi,

As a recommendation, contact WD Support for direct assistance on this case.

WD Contact info:

Unfortunately the support is able only to tell me

1. System Restore of the product (the product is new…why system restore already??)
  2. WE product compatible-certified for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition!

We have Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, but you know that Active Directory is Active Directory
no differences for Windows Server versions.

Did you manage to fix this issue? I have the exact same problem and have 6 of this disks!!

Thanks

David

Me Too! can’t use this POS on active directory!

1 Like

Unfortunately no solution.
Nobody from WD replied to me.
I didn’t solve.
I’m using the devices as ISCSI.
Basically this is not a product for enterprise but only for domestic use.

1 Like

I have fought this problem as well and I found a solution this morning. After updating to current firmware (2.21.119) and confirming the problem still remains I tried a new approach.

I turned off the Active Directory integration from the network settings page. This cleared all AD users and groups leaving me with only the default Admin account.

I next created a second user (Test).

I then accessed the shares (Data and Public) and was able to turn the Public access off. My two users (Admin and Test) now appear and I was able to update them to grant RW access to the two shares. Everything functioned as expected (documented) with AD integration off.

My next step was to go back and enable Active Directory integration. After giving the unit time to connect and sync with the domain controller, all my AD users again appear. The difference now is that I have the ability to set access to shares for individual users. By default all AD users had no access to the shares and I was able to get the handful of AD accounts I need to have access the correct permissions.

Testing confirmed access to the EX4100 shares via a Windows 7 system was properly respecting the permissions. I suspect that a new share defaults to “Public” access and I will still be unable to change to private with AD enabled. At best I have a work around but it does make the units basically functional in an AD domain environment.

Just off the phone with tech support and I have found out the issue with my EX4100. We just have way to big of active directory for this device to support. It has a max user base of 800.