16TB MyBook Duo Power Issue

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue

The drive itself passes all the Smart tests.
It will spin up no problem and allows you to read/ write files without corruption.
The firmware is the latest available .
I have monitored heat…and put drive vertically with access to 15C air flow.
I have changed power supply to a 5 Amp supply with no ther drives attached.
Windows log file show an error for the NTDLL.DLL File.
I have tried swapping to other computers and laptops and the fault still follows.
I have tried swapping cables and fault still follows
I have tried different OS but fault still follows
I have tried different powered USB , root and hubs and the fault still follows.

WD will only direct you back to the data lifeguard diagnostic which it passes everytime. Any ideas anyone?

just to add the sleep timer is set to “never” and the power settings within Windows on every test was set to never power down.

HI,
NOT SURE THIS WILL HELP YOU. i DID A SEARCH ON MY c: DRIVE. NTDLL.DLL IS CLOSELY ASSOCIATED WITH wINDOWS 10.

CLIFF

yeah you are right Cliff , I am a pro IT Engineer so was already fully aware of what the call to that dll was doing but I believe it’s not that because of the drives behaviour on another OS on a fresh install and on a windows 10 fresh install
I believe it is something WD have introduced on a firmware update as the timing of the on and off process is exact so it looks like some type of interrupt request to power down .

WD need to come clean because these drives are expensive and I have 3 of them. I am unwilling to update the other 2 .