How to SSH into the WD My Cloud EX4?

I’m having issues with Plex Media Server, I enabled ipv6 in the Plex settings to try to fix some connection issues but it just made things worse. Now I cant access the Plex local web dashboard entirely, clicking the Configure button for the Plex app results in a page saying it cant connect.

I read on the Plex forums (see last post by Adamelmore on March 15: Unable to access Plex configuration page (server stopped working) - NAS & Devices - Plex Forum) that deleting the Preferences.xml file will resolve the issues, but that requires me to SSH into the device. So I enabled SSH in the network settings of the EX4, and I tried to use PuTTy to SSH into it.

Logging in is no problem using ‘sshd’ as the username and the password I set. But then it seems like there are no files to navigate. Can someone please give me instructions?

Much appreciated.

Nevermind. Simple solution. Use FileZilla instead of PuTTy. It gives you a more graphical overview of the file system.

Navigate to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/plex_conf/Plex Media Server/

There you will find the Preferences.xml file. Delete it, reboot the EX4, and you should now have access to the Plex web dashboard again.

Hi,

Thanks for coming back and sharing your solution with the community.

Thanks for the info.