1080p MKV files won't play correctly through network shares

I am new to these boards, so please forgive me if this has been asked b4.  I just purchased a WD Live TV Plus and I love it.   The only problem is that it will not play 1080p MKV files through network shares.  They play maybe 1 minute and stop or stutter.  If I put the file on a USB Flash drive they play perfectly.  I can play them on my PC from the Flash drive on the wd live through the network , so I know it is not a speed problem with the network.  I am on firmware version 1.02.21.  Can anyone help me Please?

chuckd3 wrote:

II can play them on my PC from the Flash drive on the wd live through the network , so I know it is not a speed problem with the network. 

No, you don’t know that at all.   You only know that the WD can feed the data to your PC fast enough to play.

You don’t know if the PC can feed the WD the same data fast enough to play.   PCs have a greater capacity for buffering streams before playback so they can endure momentary glitches better.

Issues like this are almost ALWAYS bandwidth related.

How is your Live connected to the network?   Wired / Wireless?  Also, post the Text Output of MediaInfo for one of your troublesome files.

I am connected to the network wired.

Need that mediainfo output.

I’ll post it tonight when I get home.