Copy from SD Card problems

I am having trouble with doing the automatic copy from the SD card to the harddisk. Two issues have happened.

1. The disk does not fully copy. There are files on the SD card that are not in the import directory.
  2. Some file ares not complete (or corrupt). Photo files show OK as thumbnails, but the full image is not available when opening in an editor or viewer.

I am following the instructions. Waiting for the disk to fully start up. Wating for the copy blink to stop.

My primary SD card is a Kingston 128GB SDXC, but I have had the probelms with Sandisk 4GB, 8Gb and 16GB

There is some kind of a bug atm. To make a full transfer to work you first have to make sure that at least one device is connected via WiFi, phone, tablet or computer. As soon you have a wiFi connection put in the card and a full transfer should function. 

PS You don’t have to start any program like the My Cloud or so, just connected will do and let it be connected until the SD card transfer is finished.

Really hope this is fixed soon. Is it a reported and acknowledged bug?

Still getting the copy problem when using the method above.

Strange, and you are sure the WiFi connection betwwen them wasn’t broken at any time?

If it wasn’t redo and this time after connected start My Cloud and then try again.

FYI, quite a few of the 14 reviews of MPW at Amazon indicate using the SD card reader is quite problematic.  Hope WD fixes this ASAP, as the reviews are gonna kill the interest in MPW for photographers.

Yes, I have noticed that as well.

Furthermore I know they are looking into this so hopefully they will come up with s fix soon.

I had trouble with the automatic import of 32GB SD card.

For me the problem seemed fixed when I changed the settings for the cache to 32GB.

The original setting was 5GB and my cards were copied up to that size. Also the import continued (at least the wifi-led was blinking white) until I made a WiFi-connection to My Passport - Wireless. Then I saw that only about 5GB was copied. Just to try I changed the cache setting and for me it seems to work.

Unfortunately for you the 32GB was the largest cache size.

Hope this will help in solving the issue.

Should this have been fixed by now? I just received my MPW and was getting frustrated that my auto backup wasn’t working. I came across this thread and sure enough, soon as I connected to the wifi the auto backup started. I am now on firmware 1.06 and would assume this could have been fixed since 10/2014. My concern is I may not always have a phone to connect to the wireless to start the backup. Even pushing the WPS button doesn’t work unless I am connected to wifi.

Hello there

Sorry for my bad English but I’m from Belgium! I want to buy the wireless 2TB! My question about the copy from the SD to the harddisk: does he make the copy picture by picture or does he make the copy of the whole map?

Auto backup from SD card works just fine. All of the files on the SD card is copied onto the MPW.