1.04.17 won't stream properly


#1

SInce i updated to firmware 1.04.17 I’m unable to watch movies over the local gigabit network.

It takes quite some time to load a file and then it plays normaly for 10-20 sec, then starts lagging.

It’s like the speed is 10mbit.

Why?

What can I do?

Thanks

A.


#2

anyone? :cry:


#3

Try resetting the unit via the side button with the unit on and fully booted - press for 1 second and release.

or rollback the firmware

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

If you want to go back to the last firmware then rollback as above and then let the unit update to 1.04.10


#4

Same problem. Tried rollback didnt work. I read the thread about modifying the .VER file did it properly still wouldnt rollback.


#5

This is a huge problem, i wonder why hasn’e been fixed yet.

This basicaly makes my WD useless; i only use network, not local USB drives.

Is there any official reply from WD about this?

A.


#6

youssif25 wrote:

Same problem. Tried rollback didnt work. I read the thread about modifying the .VER file did it properly still wouldnt rollback.

You must use the firmware here which does not need editing. You must get the correct firmware for your unit either live or live plus. You must follow the instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800


#7

planck0 wrote:

This is a huge problem, i wonder why hasn’e been fixed yet.

This basicaly makes my WD useless; i only use network, not local USB drives.

 

Is there any official reply from WD about this?

 

A.

have you tried the rollback?


#8

I will try to rollback and report.

However, shouldn’t a new firmware be better than a previous one ?


#9

planck0 wrote:

I will try to rollback and report.

 

However, shouldn’t a new firmware be better than a previous one ?

You would hope so but WD have a 3 steps forward 5 steps back firmware development. You can add your own figures to the forward and back but the back figure is always higher than the forward figure.


#10

Rollback solved the stream issue thanks