1.04.17_B Bug, no audio with NetFlix, WDTV Live Plus

Sorry for restarting a new topic, close if necessary. While this was mentioned in the closed topic I don’t see it getting any more airplay.

Bug with NetFlix audio on the WDTV Live Plus: no sound if I play something other than NetFlix before it. I noticed this (and mentioned it in the closed topic) right after updating the firmware. I can restart the unit and play NetFlix fine, but if I play something from the USB drive then go back to NetFlix, no audio. If I restart the unit and then go to Netflix, audio is fine.

Doesn’t seem to be an issue with YouTube; I don’t have any other Internet content accounts to try.

I rolled back to 1.04.10 and all is well…

GA

I have been having the same problem. If I turn on the Live Plus and go directly to Netflix everything works OK. However, if I watch a video using network shares, then go back to Netflix, there is no sound. The only way to get the sound back is to power the WD box off and on again. This has been happening regularly since the last firmware update.

We are currently investigating this scenario and will be reproducing this so that we can verify where the fault is in the code.

1 Like

I have a same problem. Every time after play youtube no sound from netflix. Never happen before firmware update. Please help

I have a similar problem, Netflix is the only app that has no sound.  Youtube, Amazon, Pandora etc. all play audio and video but go to netflix video is great but no audio at all. I have tried all 3 sound settings, checked for firmware updates, defaulted the player to factory defaults. I have tried HDMI, component and composite, every combination has failed to produce sound in netflix only. I have a great internet connection (FIOS). I am stumped any ideas would be appreciated.

workworkwork wrote:

I have a similar problem, Netflix is the only app that has no sound.  …I have a great internet connection (FIOS). I am stumped any ideas would be appreciated.

If you downgrade your firmware to 1.03.49, the problem will disappear (that is how I fixed this problem, and the VOB stuttering issue as well).

Firmware Rollback

Same problem here… even if I go to netflix directly there is no sound… I see that the netflix app changed quite a bit so must be a problem with the app itself…hope they come out with a fix soon.

Everything else seems to be working good.

cjinmiami, This is an old thread about a bug in v1.04.17. The problem was fixed in later version of the firmware.

It sounds like you might have the latest firmware (v1.04.31) installed (because you mentioned the updated Netflix app). If you have 1.04.31 installed, and you have this problem, you should post in the “New release firmware 1.04.31” thread.