1.04.10_V problem to MTS files and how to rollback to 1.03.49_V

I installed 1.04.10_V and notice the following problem:

When I play MTS HD video clip (from SONY HD Camcorder), for the first a few seconds, there is video but no audio. And then the video is paused, the audio catches up. And then video and audio are synched…

If this problem cannot be resolved, I want to roll back to 1.03.49_V. I have the installation zip file but the WD HD Live unit does not want to go back from 1.04.10_V to 1.03.49_V. How do I rollback?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Official-F-W-downgrade-instructions/td-p/85241

Many Thanks!

I just downloaded 1.04.10_V and now have the M2TS audio problem with no audio for a few seconds, then video pauses, then both audio and video start up.  I don’t want to revert to a previous version; I want an update to 1.04.10_V to fix the problem.  I want to use the WDTVLMA, not continue to troubleshoot it.  Can you help, please?

Tom F

I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to play m2ts files recorded on a sony camcorder. The video starts and there is no sound. After about 20 seconds the video freezes and sound starts. After about another 20 seconds there is video and sound. I have version 1.04.10_b on a WD TV Live HD Plus. I have reset to factory defaults and reconfigured but that did not help.

I can’t believe that WD released a update that can’t paly m2ts files properly. What are we the beta testers?

OK - I’ve read all kinds of posts here for the last 45 mins but don’t see this issue :slight_smile: Due to 1.04.10_V problems … I’m trying to roll back to previous version … 1.03.49_V. Got the files, unzipped them, put them in the root of an empty USB stick and followed the “official roll-back instructions”. For some reason my unit does seem to find the “update” files. I tired both inserting after power - on and before. The USB light come on … flashes for a bit. When I go to Home > Settings > and scroll there is no “New Firmware” found selection. I stuck another USB stick with media files on it and it can see the folders and files via Folder management … so my port works. How can I get the unit to see the firmware files on the USB? I even reformated the drive (fat32 4GB ) before coping the files a second time. Any ideas ??? Thanks

You say you are following the rollback instructions, but are you using the official rollback file set?

coopman wrote:
OK - I’ve read all kinds of posts here for the last 45 mins but don’t see this issue :slight_smile: Due to 1.04.10_V problems … I’m trying to roll back to previous version … 1.03.49_V. Got the files, unzipped them, put them in the root of an empty USB stick and followed the “official roll-back instructions”. For some reason my unit does seem to find the “update” files. I tired both inserting after power - on and before. The USB light come on … flashes for a bit. When I go to Home > Settings > and scroll there is no “New Firmware” found selection. I stuck another USB stick with media files on it and it can see the folders and files via Folder management … so my port works. How can I get the unit to see the firmware files on the USB? I even reformated the drive (fat32 4GB ) before coping the files a second time. Any ideas ??? Thanks

Get your rollback software from here.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800&p

I am also trying to roll back the firmware on my WD TV LIve HD but am unable to get the receiver to recognize the files or firmware on my usb thumb drive, I only have the three necessary files on the drive nothing else.  Any ideas?   Thanks

If you’re not using a rollback set, did you change the version in the .ver file so that it will be recognized?

I am using the rollback firmware set but am unable to get the receiver to recognize them, I am following the directions provided on the link posted in this thread.  Thanks

apsand wrote:

I am using the rollback firmware set but am unable to get the receiver to recognize them, I am following the directions provided on the link posted in this thread.  Thanks

So you have downloaded the correct firmware from this page.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

Are you sure that you have downloaded the correct version for your WDTV Live. The Live and the Live Plus firmware are this page.

Yes, I used the link and downloaded the correct firmware; nevertheless, the unit is not recognizing it.

Thanks for all your help!

I had the same problem and finally figured out that the device wouldn’t recognize the disk because it was formatted as fat32. Once I reformatted the disk as HFS extended, because I have a Macintosh, the device had no problems recognizing the firmware.

This is an important point that WD support fails to tell people in their instructions.

heap1 wrote:

I had the same problem and finally figured out that the device wouldn’t recognize the disk because it was formatted as fat32…

This is an important point that WD support fails to tell people in their instructions.

I think WD fails to tell people this because it isn’t the case.  All my updates/rollbacks (other than online updating) have always been off of a FAT32 thumb drive.

RoofingGuy wrote:

I think WD fails to tell people this because it isn’t the case.  All my updates/rollbacks (other than online updating) have always been off of a FAT32 thumb drive.

Maybe it has something to do with formatting the drive on a Macintosh, but the WD would not recognize the firmware until I reformatted the drive as HFS Extended.

today i decided to try it again but first i formatted my usb/thumb drive in fat32 it was already in fat32 but i thought i would give it a try. It worked and hopefully this will fix my problem.  Thanks for all the help!!

I don’t think this problem is solved at all!  I too am having the same mts video playing without audio, then audo plays and video stops problem.  Not keen on rolling back.  This was working fine before, why can’t WD fix this?  Calling rolling back is not fixing the problem!

morris_the_cat wrote:

This was working fine before, why can’t WD fix this?  Calling rolling back is not fixing the problem!

“Rollback” gets you up and running UNTIL they fix it…   So, it’s your choice to either wait or get back in business.  :)

Redwood wrote:

I installed 1.04.10_V and notice the following problem:

When I play MTS HD video clip (from SONY HD Camcorder), for the first a few seconds, there is video but no audio. And then the video is paused, the audio catches up. And then video and audio are synched…

If this problem cannot be resolved, I want to roll back to 1.03.49_V. I have the installation zip file but the WD HD Live unit does not want to go back from 1.04.10_V to 1.03.49_V. How do I rollback?

Any help would be appreciated.

I found that 1.04.17_V is available. I installed it and noticed that the MTS file play back issue is not resolved. So I rolled back to 1.03.49_V and everything is fine again. But I cannot get the rich Internet content.

WD must resolve this problem. I am planning to buy another media player. If this problem is not resolved, I will be looking for something other than WD…