1.04.10 firmware - vanished Feature: Scale screen in DVD-movies

I noticed the 1.04.10 firmware doesn’t allow you to up- or downscale the screen anymore if you are watching a movie from a DVD-image. I still have a 4:3 TV and therefore used this feature regulary to cut the edges from widescreen DVDs to fit them better to the screen.

Please reenable this function.

I believe that if you use the preview mode to play your movie then there will be no menus etc but you will regain the zoom. I have not checked if it works with images.

Yep, works on ISOs, too…

Preview mode? Do you mean the way you select the movie you want to play (thumbnail, list, preview)? I am talking about the menu you see while you are already playing the movie.

Till 1.04.10 firmware this menu contained “audio-track, subtitles, zoom in, zoom out, pan, play mode, info”. Now the last five options are missing and there is only “audio-track” and “subtitles” left.

Yes, if you start a DVD via the preview WINDOW, all the DVD functions are cancelled, but you will get the other playback options back.

So this means I can’t use the thumbnail-mode anymore to select DVD-movies? (Because I have organized my entire movie collection in thumbnail-mode, with cover-pictures for every movie.)

LarryX wrote:

So this means I can’t use the thumbnail-mode anymore to select DVD-movies? (Because I have organized my entire movie collection in thumbnail-mode, with cover-pictures for every movie.)

Don’t bother trying, I’ll do all the work for you!!

Use your arty thumbnail mode to find the movie you want to see and highlight it. Press ‘option’ button and select ‘preview mode’ using the arrow button, press OK. A preview window will open to the right with your DVD playing, press the right arrow to enter this window, press OK. The DVD will now play without chapters and exactly as it did on the .21 firmware. Press option button and use the zoom controls.

Voila

All right, thank you for this work-around.

richUK wrote:

Don’t bother trying, I’ll do all the work for you!!

Use your arty thumbnail mode to find the movie you want to see and highlight it. Press ‘option’ button and select ‘preview mode’ using the arrow button, press OK. A preview window will open to the right with your DVD playing, press the right arrow to enter this window, press OK. The DVD will now play without chapters and exactly as it did on the .21 firmware. Press option button and use the zoom controls.

Voila

I agree! As far as thumbnail mode doesn’t work if you have all you movies in one folder (I mean you’ll see thumbnails and movies separetely : ). Always use preview mode because wd developers are too busy with the german translation now !

: )