1.02.23 Firmware Release – 07DEC16

• No Issues Updating :heart_eyes:
  • Some issues Updating :neutral_face:
  • Update failed completely :cry:
  • I never got notification to Update :confounded:

0 voters

Please fill out the survey at the top of this page as soon as you get the build.

If you have any issues installing the build please let us know.

Please use the Feedback Topic if you have any bugs to report, you may be one of the lucky winners of a super secret but totally cool prize !!!

This build has the following bug fixes / enhancements:

• Insert GoPro to USB 2.0 port will cause MPWP to crash when battery is less then 13%
  • Disable 5 GHZ radio when in Battery Life Mode

If your device is connected to your home network, and is already on the 1.02.21 or 1.02.22 firmware then it should automatically update. NOTE: if you have disabled the auto-update feature, then you will need to either re-enable it or initiate the update manually. If your device is on the public 1.01.11 release, then please visit the Welcome Topic to Accept and Download the BETA Firmware.

The FW will not be available for manual install, as we wish to test the auto-update feature. So, please provide feedback if your 1.02.xx MPWP does NOT auto update. Please first make sure you have Auto-Update enabled before sending us a bug report.

To verify your device will auto update, follow these instructions:

With a Mobile device and the My Cloud APP

1. Connect your Mobile to the same network your MPWP is connected to, or, directly to the MPWP network
  2. Launch the My Cloud App on your mobile device
  3. Click the Settings Icon (3 bars)
  4. Click the Settings Gear for the MPWP
  5. Click MORE
  6. Click Firmware
  7. Ensure Automatic Update is ON

With a PC and the Web Dashboard

1. Connect your Mobile to the same network your MPWP is connected to, or, directly to the MPWP network
  2. Open a web browser and type mypassport or mypassport/UI on the url field, and press Enter
  3. Navigate to the Firmware Tab
  4. Ensure Auto Update is ON

For setup & connection help please see these helpful Answers:

How to setup the My Passport Wireless Pro using the My Cloud mobile app - Answer ID 13975

How to set up a My Passport Wireless Pro on a Windows PC - Answer ID 14191

How to set up a My Passport Wireless Pro on Mac OSX - Answer ID 14192

How to access the Dashboard on a My Passport Wireless device - Answer ID 13879

Provide Feedback Here
My Passport Wireless Pro – horrible product with no support!

Auto Updated without issues. Did not have to β€œmanually” check.

Wouldn’t update from the app, kept getting an update failed message. Went to the dashboard and failed with an error message about 5 times before finally updating. Auto update did not work.

Jeff:

I think this maybe related to the File System Check issue you are facing. Have you had a chance to repair the FSC issue with the external tools yet?

I’m getting a notification in the Dashboard that 1.02.24 is ready for download, yet there’s no notification of it in this forum. Is this a fluke?

Good Spotting @ROBERT_REED , you win a Prize :gift:

You were the first to report that a success for Notification of new FW. Yes, 1.02.24 is Valid and everyone should update to it. I’ll make the official posting now that someone has mentioned it

@jrichard