1.02.22 Firmware Release – 01DEC16

• No Issues Updating :heart_eyes:
  • Some issues Updating :neutral_face:
  • Update failed completely :cry:
  • I never got notification to Update :confounded:

0 voters

Please fill out the survey at the top of this page as soon as you get the build.

If you have any issues installing the build please let us know.

Please use the Feedback Topic if you have any bugs to report, you may be one of the lucky winners of a super secret but totally cool prize !!!

This build has the following bug fixes / enhancements:

• Auto or Push button import from SD/USB does not work or takes more then 10 seconds to start
  • SD CARD imports fail to start
  • Issue when importing from with some Android Tablets when DCMI folder is present but empty (corrects MTP/PTP issue)
  • All LED (except Wi-Fi) flashing while backing up from GoPro Hero Session 5 via USB (effects other models as well)
  • Invalid firmware package. (1003 or 370001) when manually updating FW with MAC 10.21.1 and Safari 10.0.1 (only effects 1.01.11 to 1.02.xx – corrected code put into 1.02.20 already)

This build has the following known bugs:

• WiFi connection speed variable on MS Surface

If your device is connected to your home network, and is already on the 1.02.20 or 1.02.21 firmware then it should automatically update. NOTE: if you have disabled the auto-update feature, then you will need to either re-enable it or initiate the update manually. If your device is on the public 1.01.11 release, then please visit the Welcome Topic to Accept and Download the BETA Firmware.

The FW will not be available for manual install, as we wish to test the auto-update feature. So, please provide feedback if your 1.02.xx MPWP does NOT auto update. Please first make sure you have Auto-Update enabled before sending us a bug report.

To verify your device will auto update, follow these instructions:

With a Mobile device and the My Cloud APP

1. Connect your Mobile to the same network your MPWP is connected to, or, directly to the MPWP network
  2. Launch the My Cloud App on your mobile device
  3. Click the Settings Icon (3 bars)
  4. Click the Settings Gear for the MPWP
  5. Click MORE
  6. Click Firmware
  7. Ensure Automatic Update is ON

With a PC and the Web Dashboard

1. Connect your Mobile to the same network your MPWP is connected to, or, directly to the MPWP network
  2. Open a web browser and type mypassport or mypassport/UI on the url field, and press Enter
  3. Navigate to the Firmware Tab
  4. Ensure Auto Update is ON

For setup & connection help please see these helpful Answers:

How to setup the My Passport Wireless Pro using the My Cloud mobile app - Answer ID 13975

How to set up a My Passport Wireless Pro on a Windows PC - Answer ID 14191

How to set up a My Passport Wireless Pro on Mac OSX - Answer ID 14192

How to access the Dashboard on a My Passport Wireless device - Answer ID 13879

ALL:

There will be a slight delay in getting the latest FW release do your devices. Our servers are having an issue and we need to correct that before your boxes will see the update.

After you have received notification of an update, either from the Web Dashboard or the Mobile App, remember you need to either reboot the MPWP or accept the update for it to be applied.

Once you are on the latest build, please help us to validate that the items listed above in the β€œbug fixes / enhancements” section are actually fixed and working to your satisfaction :slight_smile:

As always, if you have questions or wish to report an issue, report it as soon as you can.

@jrichard

ALL:

We continue to have issues with our servers, some of you may be getting notifications that the FW is ready to be downloaded and installed. After accepting and installing the devices will reboot and still be on 1.02.21. We are aware and working on this issue. Please stand by while we address the server issue.

Thanks
@jrichard

ALL:

Happy Days :heart_eyes: and :cocktail: :wine_glass: :beers: for everyone…we have fixed the issues with the server and you should all now be getting the correct FW update messages and prompts.

If you have any issues updating to 1.02.22, PLEASE, reboot your MPWP and try again. Any issues after the first reboot then do let me know ASAP

@jrichard

Good morning jrichard

Name : eduro
SN: WX21D6625V4F

I installed the MPWP Saturday, 26.Nov. 2016, all was ok, FW: 1.02.20

2 days later, i found the information concerned FW Beta. I had no problems to install FW 1.02.21.
I set FW Update to β€œAuto”.
Yesterday i looked for news and was astonished, after i start the dashboard with my smartphone
Xperia Z3+ Dual, there is indicated, that an update is running. After any minutes, the screen shows
a percent band with value 0%. This condition has not changed for longer as 30 minutes. Then i
switched the MPWP off.
After the new start of MPWP, there was no update action as before, while i startet the dashboard.
FW is 1.02.21 as before. I startet an update action in manual manner, Now it shows the information
that a new update is available. I started, download and installation procedere shows good, but at the end,
the FW release had not changed, FW 1.02,21.
I repeated this procedere two times more on β€œAuto” mode without success.
Then i changed from smartphone to a Toshiba Notebook. On the FW Page is now the information, that
FW 1.02.22 available. Now i startet the update about 4 times, each result is equal, FW has not changed,
installed is 1.02.21.
In this morning i repeated the update procedere with the equal environment, and now in the first trial,
the FW has changed to 1.02.22.

Best greetings from Switzerland
Ernst

@Ernst_Dubach

Thank you for the report, and I’m glad your device did get the update to 1.02.22

Looking at the time line of your results, this was in line with the server errors we were fighting with.

Cheers
@jrichard

Got the notification and my PWP updated to 1.02.22 without any issues.