1.02.21 network & sub problem

Hello everyone,

I upraded my wd tv live version to 1.02.21 and problems began. Now, i can’t connect  to my shared files and i can’t play my dix with .sub file type. (just .srt runs) Any suggestion? (without downgrade) When will the new version?

Thx,

Welcome to the forum!  :)

After a firmware upgrade, sometimes weird issues non-specific to the firmware can occur, or features don’t work properly.

Try the following in sequence:

1)  Hard Reset

Press the reset button on the side of the unit.  Unit will reboot.

2)  Reset to Factory Defaults

Go to Settings > System Setting > Reset to Factory Defaults.  Unit will reboot. 

3)  Power Cycle (aka ‘Pull the Plug’)

Unplug the power cord from the unit.  Let it sit without power for 5-10 minutes.  Plug the power back in and the unit will power up. 

The above is pretty much mandatory following firmware changes as sometimes things don’t “bed-in” as they’re meant to.  I suspect that it’s a flaw in the firmware update procedure.

No news yet on when the next firmware will come out.  We’re all eager to see various issues resolved.  When it’s working, it’s a great media player.

Thank you for your replay PixelPower but this solution seemed to me a standard reply :) Did you have that problem before?..and did this solution work? I agree, it’s a great player, with some bugs :slight_smile: Pls, I have to quick solution :frowning:

turkey wrote:

Thank you for your replay PixelPower but this solution seemed to me a standard reply :) Did you have that problem before?..and did this solution work? I agree, it’s a great player, with some bugs :slight_smile: Pls, I have to quick solution :frowning:

The real point is did you try the suggestion and did it work for you. It is the quick reply and sometimes it does work after an upgrade. This is a community forum with only users suggestions. If it does not work then simply say so and maybe other solutions will be offered.

Yes, it is a suggestion that I have had to type out so many times, I now have a text file to copy/paste from.  :)

It does work and has worked for me (and other users) in the past for a variety of issues.  It is not a cure-all but it is certainly worth trying.

Did you do it?  It is not clear from your post.  Let us know and we will try to suggest other solutions.

to richUK : is it? community forum ha? thanks god, I’m in the right place…

to PixelPower: Thanks buddy, i tried all your step. Everting is the same :frowning: Downgrade right solution until newest version. If you find another solutions, pls write to me. Thanks alot again…

turkey wrote:

to PixelPower: Thanks buddy, i tried all your step. Everting is the same :frowning: Downgrade right solution until newest version. If you find another solutions, pls write to me. Thanks alot again…

Sorry to hear it didn’t work.  What firmware version did you downgrade to, 1.01.24?

i’m sorry for my delayed response. Yep, 1.01.24. My current os is xp pro.