1.02.20 Firmware Release -- 07NOV16

• No Issues Updating :heart_eyes:
  • Some issues Updating :neutral_face:
  • Update failed completely :cry:
  • I never got notification to Update :confounded:

0 voters

This build will include a few BUG fixes that were reported by some of you. Thanks to all that reported your prizes will be on their way to you very soon :smile:

Please fill out the survey at the top of this page as soon as you get the build.

If you have any issues installing the build please let us know.

Please use the Feedback Topic if you have any bugs to report, you may be one of the lucky winners of a super secret but totally cool prize !!!

This build has the following bug fixes / enhancements:

• Correct LED behavior when switching from DAS to NAS mode
  • Disabled Power Button while in DAS mode
  • Fixed Web Dashboard UI during On-Boarding Wi-Fi settings
  • Fixed Web Dashboard UI when inserting Multi Card reader (USB Hub) with 5 or more cards/drives
  • Corrected FW Update issue when image was corrupted device would not reboot properly
  • Corrected an upgrade issue with PLEX Media Server
  • Fixed Device Crash when using Time Machine
  • Fixed issue with backing up files containing โ€œ$โ€ characters which caused ALL LED flashing error message
  • Minor adjustments to battery profile and low battery alert message

If your device is connected to your home network, and is already on the 1.02.19 firmware then it should automatically update. NOTE: if you have disabled the auto-update feature, then you will need to either re-enable it or initiate the update manually. If your device is on the current 1.01.11 release, then please visit the Welcome Topic to Accept and Download the BETA Firmware.

If you wish to download and apply the update manually, go back to the Welcome Topic and click through the Accept and Download link to get the new FW and instructions to install

To verify your device will auto update, follow these instructions:

With a Mobile device and the My Cloud APP

1. Connect your Mobile to the same network your MPWP is connected to, or, directly to the MPWP network
  2. Launch the My Cloud App on your mobile device
  3. Click the Settings Icon (3 bars)
  4. Click the Settings Gear for the MPWP
  5. Click MORE
  6. Click Firmware
  7. Ensure Automatic Update is ON

With a PC and the Web Dashboard

1. Connect your Mobile to the same network your MPWP is connected to, or, directly to the MPWP network
  2. Open a web browser and type mypassport or mypassport/UI on the url field, and press Enter
  3. Navigate to the Firmware Tab
  4. Ensure Auto Update is ON

For setup & connection help please see these helpful Answers:

How to setup the My Passport Wireless Pro using the My Cloud mobile app - Answer ID 13975

How to set up a My Passport Wireless Pro on a Windows PC - Answer ID 14191

How to set up a My Passport Wireless Pro on Mac OSX - Answer ID 14192

How to access the Dashboard on a My Passport Wireless device - Answer ID 13879

Received an error when the FW was actually completed. โ€œUpgrade was not successful. (370006)โ€. Refreshing the web page I saw โ€œCurrent Version My Passport Wireless Pro v1.02.20โ€. Pressing the โ€˜updateโ€™ button against I received a message saying โ€œYour firmware is up to date.โ€ Seems Im on the latest, but the update messages were confusing.

@bens9512

Thank you for the report, we will look into the inconsistent message during an update.

@jrichard

Unable to update. Rebooted the device, still unable to update. Code 1003

@roma

Thank you for trying the BETA. Can you please go to the Feedback Topic and submit a report with logs. We need the logs to properly diagnose the issue you are having.

Also, please verify the MD5sum of the file you downloaded, the error code indicates that there is a problem with the FW image and it canโ€™t be applied properly.

@jrichard

Upgrade went fairly well. But I have a static IP assigned for my Passport on my home router. It was linked by mac address. After the unit came back online, it was given an IP from the general pool since itโ€™s mac address was different. Iโ€™m sure this would not be anything your typical user would be doing but I figured Iโ€™d mention it anyway.

Thanks for the beta, everything appears to be running great!

@BrianAz

Thanks for the report, this is very odd as the MAC address should NOT have changed just because of the FW update. Did you create the IP mapping from the Router (Router Settings > DHCP Reservation) OR from the MPWP Wi-Fi Settings Tab (Wi-Fi > Networks > Network Mode > Static)

Can you Private Message me (click on my name below) the MAC address before and after the update, along with your Serial Number.

Iโ€™ll have our QA team run some tests to verify. Can you please go to the Feedback Topic and submit a report with logs. We need the logs to properly diagnose the issue.

@jrichard

The static IP was configured on my router. Sending PM and Feedback Topic now. Thanks!

@jrichard - Not sure how to get you a PM. I tried clicking on your name as you instructed but all I see is this info card for your user profile:

Where do I click to send you a PM? Thx

Edit: Now I see a Message box option for you. Sending PM now.

I got an error the 1st time I ran the update. 2nd time it went right thru no problems.