0.00 Capacity - worked fine last night

Hello all,

After using this EX4 for about a year I woke up this morning to data that was inaccesible. I accessed the UI, and much to my surprise it showed 0.00 Capacity! I checked the status and it says all 4 drives are good but that they aren’t configured in a RAID suddenly.

System Disks

Drive1
4 TB
Good
S.M.A.R.T. Data
Drive2
4 TB
Good
S.M.A.R.T. Data
Drive3
4 TB
Good
S.M.A.R.T. Data
Drive4
4 TB
Good
S.M.A.R.T. Data

Diagnostics

Displays a snapshot of system components indicating overall health of your WD My Cloud EX4 device.

Temperature
Normal
Fan Speed
1005 RPM
Drive Status
Healthy
RAID Status
No Configured Volumes

RAID Profile

RAID Health
No Configured Volumes

Setup a RAID Mode to configure new RAID Volume(s) on this device.

There were two notices that showed failed drives, but they don’t appear as failed now which tells me that most likely this was a software issue not an actual failed drive:

Drive Failed
  Drive failed in Bay 2. Replace the failed drive. Purchase a new drive at: www.wdc.com
  Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:50:29 AM Code:201  

Drive Failed
  Drive failed in Bay 1. Replace the failed drive. Purchase a new drive at: www.wdc.com
  Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:50:28 AM Code:201  

What can I do here? I know if I configure a new RAID it will wipe the drives out. Is there any way to force the RAID to rebuild or otherwise get at this data? It’s my own fault for not keeping a backup, but I had nowhere else to put 12 TB of data and couldn’t afford another one to store backups on and I really need this data and can’t afford Data Recovery (if I could I would have had a backup!) 

Hello,

I recommend you contact support directly so they can assist you with this issue.

Contact WD