Thumbgen help!

Hey again.

I seem to have a general problem with thumbgen and dont know if thats just how it is but this is my problem.

I have movie info and metadafiles for easy change, my problem is i cant figure out how to get thunmbgen to update the xml, So normally i have 2 moviesheets (jpeg) per movie and one thumb (metathumb) and i have been messing around with makeing a new moviesheet so while testing i had thumbgen set to only make one moviesheet now im done and want the other, so i tick both moviesheets in create from metadata and thumbgen makes both but dont put in the path to the second, is there a way to get it to update the xml after you have changed something in tg or is the metadata then usesless?

Ztrust

When you use create from metadata it pulls from the .tgmd file, not the xml.  So whatever you did when you created the .tgmd file is what it will use.

If your creating 2 sheets, then you need to select “Generate metadata” and “Generate spare metadata”.

Another thing, when changing themes or working on another theme it is always a good idea to backup your old moviesheets and xml data.  I personally keep a spare thumbdrive just for backing up all my sheets, xml and tgmd data.  I also export all my backdrops, fanart and covers to that drive, which makes it easier to import those images into a new sheet.

1 Like

As always thanks for answer :wink:

and i have thought of generating all my moviesheets to one folder but then i would always have to have my pc on, not to happy about that :angry: but again tx for the help first class as always 

I didn’t mean the moviesheets, just the backdrops, fanart and covers.  In Options under “Export images” you can set it up to export the image that you use for your sheets and covers, then setup “Import images” to import those images when you create new sheets.

This way when you create new sheets, you can use automatic mode and it will always use those images for the new sheets.

that is so sweet thanks :smiley:

is there a tutorial for thumgenf or noobs like me whos enver instakked a theme or amde a linksheet before?

i want to sue this theme

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Theme-GoodBye-Black-Mamba-LinkSheet-Updated-Dec-14th/td-p/510386

has a tutorial but the tutorial is for people who already know how to use thunbgen.

yes i tried searching found 1 thread but the link to tutorial dead.

LordSpawn wrote:

is there a tutorial for thumgenf or noobs like me whos enver instakked a theme or amde a linksheet before?

i want to sue this theme

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Theme-GoodBye-Black-Mamba-LinkSheet-Updated-Dec-14th/td-p/510386

has a tutorial but the tutorial is for people who already know how to use thunbgen.

yes i tried searching found 1 thread but the link to tutorial dead.

The usage if ThumbGen is properly explained, no further options need or should be adjusted

it is your windows system that is causing the messy sheets.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I don’t know if this thread would be the appropiate one for my question…

If I want to create moviesheets for my movies using Thumbgen for the default background/theme coming with my WD Live TV Hub (image attached), what profile should I use for it? I don’t know if there’s a threat already created for it in the past, I haven’t been able to find it.

Display!

Thanks in advance