Zochi, new theme for current firmware

I’m trying to hobble together a new theme ( for myself ?).

How do I get the selection icon to display in a smaller size ?

Link:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/58519084@N05/

Change the width & height settings.

It might help if you try to explain more of what exactly you are trying to do.

What’s the name for the selected icon and is it in the gallery browse ?

@zamzickles

What’s the name for the selected icon and is it in the gallery browse ?

Are you talking about the focused Orange Frame on the Selected Thumbnail ?

if so… 

\image\Gallery\video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png

“Are you talking about the focused Orange Frame on the Selected Thumbnail ?”

Almost. If you can see my images, it’s the center 1/3 of the screen on WDTVLiveHub_02, 03, 04 and 06. It’s  the orange framed item blown way out of proportion.

That’s the poster image.  Look at the line with “poster” in it.

What XML are you Editing ?  It’s Helpful to know.

I believe from the pics he’s editing the Gallery view.  That’s why the select image is also the large image in the center, seems as though he has the poster image set for w=“1280” h=“720” align=“center”.

Or he has the focused thumbnail set the same way or something close to that.

@zamzickles,

If you would post the xml data here it might help for us to see what you’ve done.

Yes, it’s the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml. In it I found

Is that the wrong file, or is this method no longer applicable ?

I believe that this was the method used by firetix in his theme which used a dummy file to display the moviesheet.

However, that method is no longer being used to display the moviesheet, the 2 waysto display it now is to either add the path of the moviesheet in the movies metadata xml as <backdrop>yoursheet.jpg</backdrop> or to use the method that JoeySmyth uses which uses nearly that same line, but requires you to generate a moviesheet that contains both the thumbnail and moviesheet on it.

In any event, the “poster” line is used to display the selected thumbnail, too make it smaller you need to change the “w” & “h” values to make that image smaller.

You should also look HERE, which (although there have been some changes since this was done) will give you some idea of what each line does.

I must preference this  by saying I’m using the latest firmware. This may not be your strong suit. But I’m sure you could tell me if it sounds do-able.

Thanks much for the reply. I have the system->media library-> set to off and  system->get content-> set to manual. The result is the hub doesn’t generate (overwrite) the xml that I generate using thumbgen.

Since the xml  for the movie is created by thumbgen, I should be able to change the mymovie.jpg output name to a fixed name such as “MOVIESHEET.JPG”. This works for me because I use the separate folder method for each movie.This should elminate the need to modify each xml.

Next,  I would need thumbgen to put a single fixed line in each xml it generates saying  <backdrop>“MOVIESHEET.JPG”</backdrop> .

All of this is only possible if your above info works on this firmware.

I’m not really sure what you are saying/asking. 

But first, you should know moviesheets do not work for folders, in any FW version at least not with metadata xml.  It is best if you place your movies in genre folders, having multiple videos in one folder, rather than having them each in it’s seperate folder.

Second, Thumbgen will generate the moviesheet data in the xml, there is no need to manually edit each xml.  This works for all FW versions above 2.07.

zamzickles wrote:

Next,  I would need thumbgen to put a single fixed line in each xml it generates saying  <backdrop>“MOVIESHEET.JPG”</backdrop> .

This is already done by TG, all you have to do is to make sure that set the options on TG correctly.