Wd tv live gen3 themes & scrapper

Hi.

I just want to install  MANUALLY any theme i download from any source(If you know any site with ready themes please tell it to me) and how i can add any site so the wd tv live gen3 go to that site and check for themes and if i choose download and install it by itself?

And another thing i want to know is how i can install any scrapper for movies or series and if there is any scrapper for greek subtitles e.t.c.

I just want to install  MANUALLY any theme i download from any source(If you know any site with ready themes please tell it to me

You can manully download and install themes found on this forum site

and how i can add any site so the wd tv live gen3 go to that site and check for themes

As far as i know that isnt possible.  Where are you going to add the URL ?  i’d guess it’s coded into the Firmware

In closing: Hub owners can store as many themes as they wish on the internal hdd and easily select different themes and switch themes as often as they like … all from the Remote Control

Maybe KAD79 could code his homebrew to incorporate this feature for the SMP ?

Dunno, would have to ask him if it’s possible

Yesterday i go to one my friend with wd tv live and his player does go to the internet at wd site and see 5-6 different themes and when i choose any of these themes it download it and insttall it AUTOMATICALLY.

AND I KNOW THAT FOR SURE BECAUSE IT DO IT TO ME IN FRONT OF MY EYES AND IT DOESN’T HAS ANYTHING CONNECTED AT ANY OF 2 USB PORTS SO…

And what exactly i must do to install any downloaded theme i have in one directory?
Simply put the rar file into a folder to a hard disk connected to the wd tv live gen3 or i must do something else?

fits79 wrote:

AND I KNOW THAT FOR SURE BECAUSE IT DO IT TO ME IN FRONT OF MY EYES AND IT DOESN’T HAS ANYTHING CONNECTED AT ANY OF 2 USB PORTS SO…

Those themes are hosted by WESTERN DIGITAL 

There was a time when themers could submit their themes to Western Digital for Approval and if approved they added them to their theme server.

But, they no longer support submitting themes for approval  (the WD Theme Submit URL was removed YEARS ago)

How to Manually Install a Theme:

eg. replaced AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip with whatever theme you wish to upload

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE 8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.   Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”,

(make sure you press the RED(B) Content Source Button and select “Local”)

select “AlaskaDARK_V1.2” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

WHY did you do it so hard to install manually a theme to the device?

WHY simply don’t you make a simply copy all themes to one folder and go with the remote control to the them zip file and choose install and must do all that steps???

No it doesn’t accept the files it bring me that error message
http://s18.postimg.org/5pk7atvx5/image.png
and when the file it isn’t zip it doesn’t regonise the file at all.

Can you tell me one link that i can download CORRECT themes for wd tv live gen3?

And if i simply copy these zip files into the path “.wd_tv\theme” doesn’t work?

Calm down, (I’m trying to HELP) 

let’s clear a few things up…

Which device do you own ?

A. WDTV Live Hub  (which is not referred to as a 3rd Gen Device it’s 2nd Gen, basically a Live Plus with a HDD) and is the Forum you’re posting In

To Install a Theme Manually on the WDTV Live Hub

1. Download a Theme (See the WDTV Live Hub Themes Forum … or SMP forum for Themes which will also work on the Hub)

2. Extract the zip file contents

3. Transfer the Theme folder to the WDTV Live Hub (via Network) and place into the theme folder eg.

X:.wd_tv\theme\AlaskaDARK_V1.2

4. Goto Setup > Appearance > User Interface Themes

5. Select the Theme and Apply

B. WDTV Live SMP (which is referred to as a 3rd Gen Device)

To install a Theme Manually on the SMP … it’s a different procedure as described previously

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE 8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI. Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”,

In reference to the WDTV Live SMP Manual Theme Install Procedure and your question…

“WHY did you do it so hard to install manually a theme to the device?”

Don’t blame me, that’s how Western Digital decided to implement the manual installing of Themes onto the SMP   :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you are trying to help.
With wd tv live gen3 i can simply put all zip files or unzipped files at folder “X:.wd_tv\theme\folder i want” and simply apply it from wd tv live gen3 menu?

Tell me one link that i can download themes at CORRECT FORMAT because all these i have download from here " http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/List-of-Themes/td-p/122426" doesn’t accept it so…

JoeySmyth wrote:

Which device do you own ?

A. WDTV Live Hub  (which is not referred to as a 3rd Gen Device it’s 2nd Gen, basically a Live Plus with a HDD) and is the Forum you’re posting In

To Install a Theme Manually on the WDTV Live Hub

1. Download a Theme (See the WDTV Live Hub Themes Forum … or SMP forum for Themes which will also work on the Hub)

2. Extract the zip file contents

3. Transfer the Theme folder to the WDTV Live Hub (via Network) and place into the theme folder eg.

X:.wd_tv\theme\AlaskaDARK_V1.2

4. Goto Setup > Appearance > User Interface Themes

5. Select the Theme and Apply

B. WDTV Live SMP (which is referred to as a 3rd Gen Device)

To install a Theme Manually on the SMP … it’s a different procedure as described previously

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE 8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI. Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

In reference to the WDTV Live SMP Manual Theme Install Procedure and your question…

“WHY did you do it so hard to install manually a theme to the device?”

Don’t blame me, that’s how Western Digital decided to implement the manual installing of Themes onto the SMP   :stuck_out_tongue:

If you own

[A] WDTV Live Hub … then you must follow those instructions

if you own

[B] WDTV Live SMP … then you must follow those instructions

2 Different Procedures for 2 Different Devices … they are Not interchangeable

My Alaska theme will work for Both WDTV Live Hub and WDTV Live SMP but you NEED to follow the instructions provided for uploading to your specific device.

As a test… download this zip file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9m40p6dvk7r8amc/AlaskaDARK_V1.3_WATCHED2.zip

Follow the instructions above … if you have a WDTV Live SMP 3rd Gen then you MUST use the WDTV Live SMP Instructions to upload the Theme.

I believe i already tallied at the topic title what device i have.

Wd tv live gen3.

And i try the procedure for that you tell but i upload a picture with the error it bring me so…