WD Live TV Moviesheets

Trying to find out which moviesheets will currently work with the newest firmware revision.

I need the newest firmware version since it allows for DTS-MA throughput which was the ONLY reason I bought this.

I was hoping to use the Aeon theme (which looks similar to XMBC) one, but it appears that one wont work with my current firmware.

I am wondering if someone can link me to or list which of these themes currently work for this firmware version.

Also my hope is that I can put whatever files I need to run it on the same hard drive as the movies.  I can create a seperate partition so its got a different drive letter if needed, but I am going to need to utilize both USB ports so I dont want to have to use one for a thumbdrive for JUST those small files.

Any help MUCH appreciated!

I’ll let others give you some Theme ideas as there are lots of great ones that work on the SMP, you just need to decide what type (moviesheet, linksheet etc)

As for the USB ports, you could use a USB hub and give yourself more than enough ports for whatever you need.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/USB-Hub-SMP-Question/td-p/332163

Good Luck

-P

Gotcha, problem is I am running out of ports on the back of my APC H15 power conditioner due to all my gear (which is normally a good thing).

I was hoping to use a Moviesheet as I bought this JUST to stream MKV rips off external drives.  I have other things for streaming music, hulu, etc.

I will wait to hear from others on what might work.

I was mainly interested in teh AeonFlux one which looked similar to XBMC, but am open to suggestions.

EndersShadow wrote:

I was mainly interested in teh AeonFlux one which looked similar to XBMC, but am open to suggestions.

AFIIK, Aeonish Hub cannot be used for movie sheets on the SMP due to the way it uses transparent pngs. It was made for a older firmware version of the LiveHub that supported those. JoeySmyth could answer that better than I though since he wrote the code.

I am a big fan of both “Simplicity” and “GoodBye Black Mamba” , but those are linksheet instead of moviesheet, so would require alternate (non-WD) firmware to make work (not very hard to do). 

Haven’t use a moviesheet based theme in several years, so hopefully someone else will jump in with some ideas and recomendations for you on moviesheet based themes

Good Luck

-P

I think goodbye black mamba does support moviesheets

unless dev removed that functionality in one of the updates the

original upload of that theme, had functionality for both moviesheets and linksheets

KAD79 wrote:

I think goodbye black mamba does support moviesheets

unless dev removed that functionality in one of the updates the

original upload of that theme, had functionality for both moviesheets and linksheets

Yup KAD, not sure where my head is today…

GBBM does support moviesheets if you like. Download the theme, and use the PDF “Black Mamba 1.9 User Guide for old Sheets.pdf” that comes with the theme to see how to make the moviesheets and XMLs using Thumbgen. There is also a PDF for linksheets if you decide to go that way instead. Personally, I’d go linksheet, it’s a bit more work, but worth the extra labor. (And as always, much respect to KAD79 for his skills in making Linksheets work on the SMP).

Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

Excellent theme, well worth investigating.

-P