Surreal Media Center 2.2 SMP Theme [Update]

SURREAL MEDIA CENTER SMP THEME VERSION 2.2 Updated 06-13-12

Thank you DeVicious for the help in getting me started on this theme. Also, thank you JoeySmyth for being so helpful within the WDC.

<------If you like this theme you can help by clicking the Kudos button and leaving some feedback.

For Movie Sheets I use the Black Mamba Thumbgen Templates (Movies & Tv Shows), you are more than welcome to follow the great instructions provided by her to set that up.

I do plan on working on some moviesheets now that I have released this version, will update you soon.

CHANGE LOG

• Added RSS Feeds to main menu
  • Added Live TV to main menu
  • Added dvd_navigation.xml file for iso playback
  • Changed juke box graphics
  • Moved now playing cover and text on main menu
  • Changed and moved some exiting graphics
  • Cleaned up some exciting code
  • Added display info on bottom for reflection movie screen

SCREEN SHOTS  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

DOWNLOAD SURREAL MEDIA CENTER V 2.2

The process of loading the theme into the SMP flash memory is to use a browser (GOOGLE CHROME ONLY AT THIS TIME) and use your IP address of the WDTV Live SMP.

You will be presented with a web interface login. You need to enter your password “admin” for the first time.

Then to Appearances, then browse to the downloaded “Surreal Media Center V2.2.zip” and click Submit.

I recommend turning off your Media Library you will lose some features, but with my experience so far it is worth the speed increase within my device.

You can download the folders that I use and the Adobe .psd to create your own!

This will be the only .psd from this theme that is shared.ï»ż

Photobucket 

FOLDERS DOWNLOAD V2

I will be working on updates to share as time is available, if people like this theme. Hope you enjoy it, have a better then average day!

ï»ż

d@ve

27 Likes

Really good for being the first version. :dizzy_face:

Looks good dude,  way to go

very impressive

1 Like

Looks great, any specific firmware this should be used with?

Really nice work!

Thank you everyone! I’m working on a few changes, graphics, and some cleanup, will post an update this or next week if possible. I have only had my SMP for a little over a month now and have had one firmware update. I’m using this theme on my system with current version: 1.07.18.

Thanks again for the positive feedback!

d@ve

Hi d@ave,

great work!

but I was not able to get a display like the last screenshot (movie details with rating etc.) using the yellow button on the remote. How can I change to this view?

Would it also be possible to get the backgrounds without the logo?

Kind Regards

ternot

Welcome to the WD Community ternot!

You are referring to the moviesheets screenshot, that is done with thumbgen, and you will want to use a moviesheet template. You can find some templates and how to set it up within the hub theme section within this forum. I use the Black Mamba Thumbgen Templates (Movies & Tv Shows), you are more than welcome to follow the great instructions provided by DeVicious to set that up. (sceenshots and all are included in the instructions)

The provided .zip file contains all the images used within this theme. You are more than welcome to edit and build upon.

FYI: Please click the Kudos star to say thank you to all the work put into Black Mamba Thumbgen Templates (Movies & Tv Shows).

d@ve

2 Likes

Could you provide a link to the DeVicious tutorial and maybe update your original post with the link?

Here is the link you need,

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/BLACK-MAMBA-V1-5-Theme-Update-April-27th-2012/td-p/377799

You will have to download the  DOWNLOAD BLACK MAMBA THEME PACK 1.5 FOR SMP  and extract the guide from the rar file.

Cheers

Don’t forget to click on Kudos if you find this helpful 

Edit: Don’t know why some fonts are green or how to change them

3 Likes

I was planning and hoping to release the updated theme this week. However the new firmware update has caused glitches in code. I hopefully can work this out during this week and have something maybe this weekend.

To whom it may concern:

Would it be possible to get a separate theme topic like the hub forum has? I have a feeling a lot of others would like to start creating new themes and the input and help would be great! If I need to start a separate thread just let me know?

Over 400 downloads so far on the Surreal Media Center Version 1.3, thank you everyone for your comments. I have been working a lot on the updated theme and look forward to sharing it!

d@ve

2 Likes

Its been a while since I used Thumbgen.

But was curious about trying this theme out.  Do those reflections actually show up now?  The last time I tried none of the box art reflections worked on this media player
 the transparency didn’t display correctly.

Also the directions included in the Black Mamba theme are very confusing to me.  It says to put the “common” files archive into the templates folder, but does that mean to put it into both the two Black Mamba folders it mentions?  Or to create its own folder in the templates folder?  Or does it go into the “default” Thumbgen Template folder?

RedBadger93 wrote:

Its been a while since I used Thumbgen.

But was curious about trying this theme out.  Do those reflections actually show up now?  The last time I tried none of the box art reflections worked on this media player
 the transparency didn’t display correctly.

Also the directions included in the Black Mamba theme are very confusing to me.  It says to put the “common” files archive into the templates folder, but does that mean to put it into both the two Black Mamba folders it mentions?  Or to create its own folder in the templates folder?  Or does it go into the “default” Thumbgen Template folder?

Yes the reflections do show up and the “common” folder does go in the “ThumbGen” template folder.

Cheers

Over 400 downloads so far on the Surreal Media Center Version 1.3, thank you everyone for your comments. I have been working a lot on the updated theme and look forward to sharing it!

d@ve

Great theme and one of the fastest.

Cheers

Thanks for this!  Just saw this and tried it out as I prefer a more plain background w/o the ‘snake’ skin :)  Question though, when displaying a video’s moviesheet, is it really supposed to transition between the moviesheet and the thumbnail image?  It appears to do so every 5 secs, the transition speed I set in Photos.  Or could it be because my firmware is still the original (1.04)?  (Don’t want to update yet as I haven’t seen anything I need, per changelogs).

Thanks again.  I’ll keep watching for updates on this.

Thank you. Can you please let me know how to install it on WD TV Live? Also you mention using BlackMamba? Is it just for the templates & moviesheets? Can you also let me know if we should set “Media Library” to off on the WD TV Live? Thanks again!

sherpa wrote:

Thanks for this!  Just saw this and tried it out as I prefer a more plain background w/o the ‘snake’ skin :)  Question though, when displaying a video’s moviesheet, is it really supposed to transition between the moviesheet and the thumbnail image?  It appears to do so every 5 secs, the transition speed I set in Photos.  Or could it be because my firmware is still the original (1.04)?  (Don’t want to update yet as I haven’t seen anything I need, per changelogs).

Thanks again.  I’ll keep watching for updates on this.

Set the slideshow for 5 minutes.

Cheers

I was able to install this on WD TV Live running the latest firmware. No matter what I do I cannot get the movie sheets view to display when I click through the Yellow button. I did use the ThumbGen and generated the file jpg, mkv_sheet & also the jpeg. Can someone please help? I also tried the BlackMamba theme and its the same story. Moviesheet view doesn’t come up.

notep wrote:
I was able to install this on WD TV Live running the latest firmware. No matter what I do I cannot get the movie sheets view to display when I click through the Yellow button. I did use the ThumbGen and generated the file jpg, mkv_sheet & also the jpeg. Can someone please help? I also tried the BlackMamba theme and its the same story. Moviesheet view doesn’t come up.

It might be similar to my case where I noticed that only the moviesheets on the current folder level you are viewing for them to show up.  If you have a parent/child folders, and are currently browsing at the parent folder level, it won’t display the moviesheets of the child folders.  I’m still waiting for feedback too on the correct file/folder structure.  I’m still deciding if I would put all my videos in just one folder, as I currently have them in their own folders.