Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

Hello Everyone,

what started as a simple attempt to make a new skin for Black Mamba for my personal use ended up in a new theme based on the Black Mamba code. I guess after over a year I needed a change. I am pretty happy with it and if it improves your user experience as well then it was worth going for it.

I am trying to support this theme and your questions as good as possible, however I will limit myself to those who run the theme as intended, people who do custumizations I will leave to the good people here at the forum and let this theme evolve based on community effort. Custom versions are encouraged and I will soon deliver all the PSD files so you can work out whatever you desire.

There is only one Rule of Engegament… READ THE MANUAL before you post a question. I made it short and easy.

The templates come in a bundle and even people without any preknowledge will be able to rock their LiveHub.

SMP USERS: This is a LiveHUB Theme, it will run on the SMP and i even made you your own download link but I am not qualified to support your questions. I encourage people to open a SMP Thread for this theme and run it for them.

The Theme works on all firmware versions supporting Linksheet

As you maybe remember I don’t do custom work or take requests but I am open to suggestions.

DOWNLOAD SIMPLICITY THEME PACK

DOWNLOAD SIMPLICITY FOR SMP

DOWNLOAD THE SIMPLICTY USER MANUAL
(the user manual is also in the theme pack, this link is for those who are undecided and don’t know if they can handle it)

UPDATE: DOWNLOAD BUNDLE ADD ON (Season Sheets)

I am kicking off Season Sheets with all episodes listed on the right hand side.
I know they should be in 2 columns for seasons with 24 episodes but I wouldn’t know how to manage it in a quick run especially with shows that only have 10-12 episodes (premium cable shows) The only fail safe solution was this.

UPDATE: DOWNLOAD TV SERIES SHEET BY GENDJI

Here some Previews, I have added a few more sheets so you get a better idea about the theme.

HOME SCREEN

Simplicity Screen 001

LINKSHEET for Movie File 1

Simplicity Screen 002

LINKSHEET for Movie File 2

Simplicity Screen 003

PREVIEW MODE

Simplicity Screen 004

VIDEO VIEW

Simplicity Screen 005

LARGE VIDEO VIEW

Simplicity Screen 006

LIST VIEW

Simplicity Screen 007

FOLDER SHEET 1

Simplicity Screen 008

FOLDER SHEET 2

Simplicity Screen 009

TV EPISODE SHEET

Simplicity Screen 010

SIMPLICITY VIDEO PLAYER

Simplicity Screen 011

SIMPLICITY AUDIO PLAYER

Simplicity Screen 012

SIMPLICITY AUDIO PLAYER (ACTIVE)

Simplicity Screen 013

BASIC SETUP DESIGN

Simplicity Screen 014

CREATED FOR LIVEHUB

Simplicity Screen 015

UPDATE BUNDLE 1.9 FOR TV SEASON SHEETS (July 18th)

DOWNLOAD BUNDLE ADD ON

I am kicking off Season Sheets with all episodes listed on the right hand side.
I know they should be in 2 columns for seasons with 24 episodes but I wouldn’t know how to manage it in a quick run especially with shows that only have 10-12 episodes (premium cable shows) The only fail safe solution was this.

!! Here is what you need to know !!

Each Season Folder must have a unique name, it MUST NOT be named “Season 1”, “Season 2”, “Season 3”

Let’s say you want to rename the folders for “ARROW” you name them “Season 1 (ARROW)”, Season 2 (ARROW) etc…

I am using 5 capital letters for each show this way it becomes pretty much unique. Breaking Bad (BRBAD), Arrested Development (ARDEV)… it’s up to you

Use BulkRename to change the season folder names

Function #7 (Add)

simply mark the folders and type your desired text into the suffix field. Takes a few minutes.

Install the bundle update and you are good to go

Update Season Sheet

UPDATE: DOWNLOAD TV SERIES SHEET BY GENDJI

Arrow

12 Likes

I forgot to mention 2 good people :slight_smile: Thank you ThumbGen and Pearl for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks nice, will have a play when I have some time.

I know you hate the “Media Library” side of things, but a lot of us use it to add network shares with internal and external sources in one place.

What do you mean it does not support it ?

it will work but the theme does not support it in terms of special made buttons that are supposed to appear, it might look icky, I haven’t even tested it sorry. :cry:

If easy access to your sources is the only reason to accept the excrutiating compiling times, missing source covers and slower handling then you should look into adding all your sources into one windows library folder and share it as one folder or network drive (not accessing through windows library, it has no folders) In this case all you need the red button for is when you switch to the internal drive. 

Wow this looks really good. Even the provided guide is in style.

Thank you very much for sharing.

I just got Goodbye Black Mamba running from an usb-stick on the SMP but i think i’m gonna switch, despite the fact that i have to do the covers, sheets etc. from scratch again :smiley:. 

@Dev

Seems to work fine.

I just did a small trial and used your demo folders, and shared some folders from my Linux box all looks good.

Some nice new looks and designs you have here, thanks for all the effort.

thank you guys I am glad it works that is good news.

Running the theme from an USB Stick? does that mean you can use linksheets if the stick is large enough?

wdtvhub wrote:

I know you hate the “Media Library” side of things, but a lot of us use it to add network shares with internal and external sources in one place.

I stopped using the Media Library a long time ago because, besides everything DeVious mentioned, you don’t need it.

Shared folders i need the WD to see are named in the order i want them to show up and all have folder thumbs. Shares in my network i don’t want the WD to see have a $ in the name to hide them.

You can for example hide a shared drive and still let folders on that drive show up on the WD.

DeVicious wrote:

thank you guys I am glad it works that is good news.

Running the theme from an USB Stick? does that mean you can use linksheets if the stick is large enough?

Yeah, i read somewhere that you could overcome the 30mb max problem on the SMP that way.

I am using the homebrew firmware KAD79 posted about a while ago.

Both the theme and the linksheets are running from the USB Stick and it works like a charm.

Gendji wrote:

wdtvhub wrote:

I stopped using the Media Library a long time ago because, besides everything DeVious mentioned, you don’t need it.

Shared folders i need the WD to see are named in the order i want them to show up and all have folder thumbs. Shares in my network i don’t want the WD to see have a $ in the name to hide them.

You can for example hide a shared drive and still let folders on that drive show up on the WD.

Thats all well and good, but since I use the Live Hub and have two external drives connected to it, I can have all my shared folders and internal/external storage in one page, so each to their own :slight_smile:

Wow this looks amazing love the new folder sheets compared to your old theme as this one is in color. Can’t wait to install it

you still can run your connected drive through a windows library and share them in one place, that’s how I do it :slight_smile:

Really…?

I am having a play with Linux Mint at the moment, so I have left Windows 8 in a todo pile :slight_smile:

Seems a bit backwards to share an internal/external Hub drive then share it back again. Thats the only thing that I have found since Day 1. You can have a nice sample folder, but when it comes to real world sheets whether it be Linksheets etc.

The update for the pictures and Info is just too long for my Hub OCD. I like the large picture gallery view, anything else, after a short “get used” to the new awsomeness, is just too sluggish. If there was a way to have external shares thumbs linked on the Hub the speed would be better (I think). The refresh when you go between pages makes me cry on all Themes. :frowning:

Love the look of this one tho.

hmmm do you allow the hub to write on your network devices? i see no difference with internal hub navigation and network navigation, however if your hub doesn’t create the “optimized” thumbnails on your drive and generates them from the scratch everytime I can see how this is going to get slow.

Agree with DeV’s post above. I have tested Simplicity with a few local vids on the HUB and over 1000 vids on my file server after putting them through TG with the new templates, and I am not seeing any difference in speed betweeen the two. I keep 99% of my media on a files server and leave the HUB pretty empty. The theme itself is screamin’ fast for gallery mode.

Great work. I am lovin’ it already. Movie linksheets almost done, now on to TV Series…

Thanks DeV, a great job as always

-P

1 Like

Just installed the theme and when i started it up it was the main screen of the Black Mamba for the new firmware as i didnt update from 3.09 but when i move to the left or right its the new home screen. Dont really want to update the firmware as i heard there is still bugs.

Update your firmware!

There are no bugs if you run the theme the way as it is intended. I am running the pure file system for months on my device. You can always revert or turn off automatic firmware updates, however the new firmware is what I recommend but what do I know? :wink:

Thanx Pearl :slight_smile:

Nice theme!

FYI for people wanting moviesheets and not linksheets you can change some settings in Thumbgen to get it working. I’m not going to describe it in detail but black mamba for example (GBBM version that’s linked still) supports both versions and copying the settings from the input/output with some other minor tweaks should get it working.

Went through all my movies and made folder sheets but the backgrounds were cut off. What size should they be to look right?